where do I get inspiration – library books!

From some of my latest stack. These are on Swedish artist Carl Larsson.

22 thoughts on “where do I get inspiration – library books!

1. Minna says:

I love Carl Larsson, he represent a very Swedish style which I love (meaning I am Swedish) but I remember doing my project work on him in arts a long time ago, and I painted the one with Karin by a lake. It’s my favourite :) have it in there?

2. Thalita Dol says:

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Carl Larsson!
    I have all of his books…
    I also find lots of inspiration in my books! Unfortunatelly, here in Brazil there are almost no neighborhood libraries, and when there is one, it’s no good at all… =/

3. AmandaMay says:

Carl Larsson is one of my absolute favorite artists! I would so love to live in his home, especially if I could have that awesome cupboard bed from one of his pictures.

4. marymary says:

Oh my goodness, yes. My mother had a beautiful book of Carl Larsson paintings on our shelf when I was growing up and I used to stare at it for hours. I think it permanently affected my aesthetic. For the better, of course.

5. ruth singer says:

Yup, my mum had Carl Larsson books too, and I too am besotted. There was a great exhibition of his (and his wife’s) work at the V&A about 10 years ago, and I have the catalogue of that. love it. Karin Larsson was a very innovative textile designer who’s reputation is somewhat overshadowed by her husband’s!

6. Evelyn says:

See you were holding out on us! LOL!
    I love the picks so quaint! And
    brings us back to a easier time.
    It makes me want to see that kitchen
    for real!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lovely!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. water works says:

That’s it! I will have to start a Flickr group for my daughter’s vintage wear. She’s four and wearing all the smocked gingham bishop dresses my grandmother made for me about 30 years ago. I repair and let down hems as we go…but I love the old fashioned look. And always with eyelet bordered bloomer panties!

8. Water Works says:

Am I an idiot or what? That vintage dress comment was supposed to be in the post about Phoebe’s new table cloth dress. Oops.

9. Lynne says:

i love carl and karin larsson. i would love, love, love to one day see their home – endless inspiration! and rare to see a pair of famous artists (i guess she less than he?) who were so happy in their family life.

10. eileenalanna says:

hi :: any chance there is a pattern, a PDF for those wonderful “flying nuns” you made ? :: hope so ::
    i love the joy embodied in your work ! :) eileen