15 thoughts on “filling holes

1. peanut says:

Cute :) Is that English paper piecing? I’ve never handpieced that way but it look like you get really nice corners. Can’t wait to see what it looks like.

2. amanda says:

It’s beautiful! Someday, when I’ve developed that kind of patience…
    I also wondered if it’s English paper piecing. And I also wonder if there’s a special trick to cutting out all those little pieces.

3. Molly says:

Oh how pretty!! I’ve never thought to put a same-fabric center in there! Love the polkadots and the soft colors.
    Amanda, I just cut out squares and fold them around the paper hexagons. Its easier to trim them down after basting. I LOVE english paper piecing!
    Molly

4. Mabelcakes says:

I think I used that same polka dot linen for a yolk on a sweater I made … it is fab!
    I can’t wait to see this quilt done … it is going to be amazing with all that polka dottie goodness!

5. Kim says:

I adore that Hillary! It is the same pattern of a quilt I just inherited. My great-grandmother and her Mom made it. I love it. Phoebe will too!

6. Simone says:

Could that quilt be any cuter? So inspiring! Maybe I’ll make one for my little pumpkin too, but i guess I’ll never be done before Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

7. Tsoniki Crazy Bull says:

Wow, so straight and they all match up! I haven’t tried paper piecing but my Mom has and she keeps encouraging me to try.
    This shows me that I need to work on some sewing other then Halloween costumes. LOL

8. Melinda says:

Discovered your pointy kitties in Mary Engelbreit’s Home Companion magazine. Was in the process of downloading the freebie pattern when my boss came in and fell in love with your work. Now, with that said, he does not sew, but wondered if you sold any of the finished pieces and if so, where? He is quite taken with his three year old granddaughter. Thanks!