does anyone know a place…

online to buy cute vintage doll furniture? not dollhouse furniture but bigger, doll sized furniture? we’ve got a lot of dolls around here and no seating. feet are getting tired!

I’ve been checking in on the kit, chloe and louise flickr group looking for new friends. look who popped up… evy! isn’t she so cute! I love the dark braids and that red jumper.

I feel like (or rather Tim tells me) I’m jumping around from thought to thought these days. Scattered, ok, but I’m here. If I worried about grammar or cohesive thought this blog would be a ghost town. For the cause of short but sweet content I’ve started a wee wonderfuls twitter. I’m sure it’ll be full of thrilling stuff like what I had for breakfast but what the heck, I just like the name.. twitter. I’m going to have Tim add it to my sidebar over there just as soon as he’s done with the new shop design (!) and the advertising thing, and the wholesaler bit and the amazon links and the new categories and I know there’s something else. Ok, it might be a while. But the new shop is coming soon. And along with it restocked stitchettes and the new bunny patterncard!

25 thoughts on “does anyone know a place…

1. PaperDollyGirl says:

I’ve been looking for cute, non-plastic doll furniture (for my Blythe dolls) as well with minimal success. I’ve concluded that I’m going to have to just search thrift stores and maybe adapt wooden organizing things from Ikea into desks, beds, chairs, etc.

2. Carrie says:

Yaaay, I’m loving twitter right now, so I am your first follower!!
    For doll furniture–ebay? You’ve probably thought of it, but figured I’d mention it anyway!
    What a sweet little jumper!
    p.s. My neice’s name is Eveyanna, Evey for short, but she’s a red-head!

3. Tina says:

Pottery barn kids has stuff like tables and chairs for the doll line they put out. Also, there are doll beds.
    The American Girl people have stuff too, but quite pricey. Ebay will have all of these things. I know how hard it is to find these things because my daughter wants lots of doll beds, not cradles and not plastic.
    Tina

4. Nancy says:

so funny- i just walked by an antique store in my neighborhood that had a perfect doll bed for sale- wood frame with actual springs and a little mattress.
    i’m sure being “antique” it is spendier than it should be, but i could take a picture for you and send you the store name if you like!

5. Roseanne says:

I’ve have found most of our dolly furniture at garage sales. We have a cradle, a crib, a single bed, bunk beds, two high chairs…her room looks like a mini orphanage, all the beds lined up, two or three babies in a bed!

6. sarah says:

Definitely eBay. I bought the cutest vintage doll high chair for $15 ($7 for the chair itself and $7 shipping). I have a saved search for doll highchairs, and I always see good ones– I’m sure the same would go for cribs and such.

7. rosey says:

you are a wonder woman. every time i check back on your blog you have created something new. if you listen very hard you can hear me bowing down to you;0) xx

8. Anne says:

Twitter is a great idea. You’ll be able to look back ages from now and see a quick snapshot of your own day-to-day world and all the little things that are forgotten over time.

9. Leigh says:

Ok, so this has nothing to do with your post, but I just saw your pointy kitties in the new Mary Engelbreit magazine! I thought, “hey that looks like weewonderfuls”…and it was! So fun and creative! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

10. kim says:

look in your local antique mall. They’ve usually got a ton of vintage toys and doll paraphenalia. At least ours does. The vintage stuff is usually quite affordable too(as opposed to the antique stuff). If you’re just interested in vintagey look…Ikea has a lovely little raw pine doll bed that could be painted or varnished any colour you like. I think it runs around 25$.

11. Emma B. says:

I really like the lawn table and chairs I have from the American Girl Doll Store. I bought a 30’s era outdoor table and two chairs that are green and metal that go with the Kit collection. you can find them here http://www.americangirl.com/ under the shop>furniture section. rather pricy though.

12. Talina says:

I love her! I just made my own! will soon post a pic on Flickr! I bought your pdf book on Wednesday, a day later I had made one (and a half! lol!) doll for my girls! I’ve only made Julie so far… thanx for these wonderful dolls!

13. NanaBeast says:

Hillary,
    I have found unfinished wood doll tables, chairs and beds in craft stores for affordable prices in comparison to other toy and collector places. Unfortunately it appears that craft stores (around here, anyway) only stock what is popular in their unfinished wood sections. It has been about 6 years since I’ve seen some doll furniture stocked, but I keep looking cause everything comes back in vogue sooner or later. Hope you find some good stuff for all the dollies in the Lang household!

14. Janet W. says:

How about making soft furniture out of fabric? There was a line of soft dolls in toy stores a few years ago, very popular, and all their furniture was sewn and stuffed.
    I for one would LOVE to see what pieces and patterns you come up with!

15. becca says:

you could try waldorf doll making sites – I’ve gotten nice doll sizes moses baskets and they have carts and whatnots. you could try joy’s waldorf for starters.