buy a spoon!

Hello and thanks for all the Kit, Chloe & Louise love & orders. I can’t wait to see y’all’s dolls! And I’m soooo happy to have this pattern done and out!! I seemed to have been stuck in goo for a while there. But now it’s on to new things, brainstorming and sketching and new ideas. Tim trimmed my new too-long bangs into sorta-too-short bangs and now I can see clearly what’s in front of me. Today it’s a spoon puppet. Carol and I are kicking around the idea of doing the Renegade Christmas craft fair this year.. right? are we? This is one of the project possibilities, a spoon puppet with flocked hair (can you tell that it’s fuzzy?) and posable felt arms in a little outfit. I don’t know, sounds like a lot of work, but Tim did come up with this great marketing campaign.. Buy a Spoon! Who can argue with that?

35 thoughts on “buy a spoon!

1. Mrs. Kwitty says:

Those are really sweet! I remember making those for my craft fair table about 20 years ago! lol It’s nice to see them resurrected in your cute style.
    Of course, mine didn’t have that cool flocked hair..which is fantastic!
    Smiles, Karen

2. Evelyn says:

How do you keep it around her neck??
    Glue? Hot glue?? Very vintage.
    She seams to say “Would you like a brownie?”
    Way too cute!

3. elizabeth says:

Seriously, could you please just write a book and publish it muy pronto with all these creative ideas you have? Purdy Pleeeeaaasseee?!

4. Jessica says:

Hilary, you are so awesome! I love this! My boyfriend bought me your Kit, Chloe and Louise notecards for my birthday and I love them! I vote for bringing the Patchwork Postcards back. Or a holiday-themed set of postcards could be fun … just think of all the holidays out there …

5. susaninfrance says:

this is soooo church craft lady circa 1970s!! I love it. Like the toilet paper-cover ladies they all crocheted (my grandma was wild into those). and those little dogs on wine bottles! I love it!!

6. Gretchen says:

Ooh, I love her! My mom and I made a whole cast of characters out of spoons when I was little. She even made a whole set of the characters from the “We Are the World” video as animal versions. My favorite was Dionne Warthog. This just brought all those memories flooding back!

7. Stephanie says:

Oh, I LOVE your spoon doll. PLEASE come to the Renegade winter fair! I had so much fun at the one last week, even in the pouring rain.

8. kelly says:

love them and think they would be great for puppet shows for kids! maybe do smaller spoons for kidlets? I think if you did a variety of people they would sell but that’s just me

9. kelly says:

ok my 7 year old (almost 8 year old) daughter just saw the picture and I asked her..she said she’d want one cause she’s “kinda sassy!” which is good from Bella!

10. Niki says:

Love the spoon lady. I told my daughter (age 6) about them, and now she wants to make some for Xmas gifts. We are going to try and put some together tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the idea. It will certainly make our Saturday more fun!