the winner and 10 sleepy hedgehogs

and the winner is… Jess! (fifthlampdown Jess) Congratulations! You wanted either Kit or Chloe. Just let me know which. Thanks everyone for the well wishes! It’s so nice to hear from so many of you. And it’s been fun to sort of reminisce over the past 4 years. What I was realizing is I don’t post inspiration and process as much as I used to. It’s so much harder with two kids now to find the quiet moments to muse away on the blog. I’m going to try though. It’ll probably be short and scattered but I like having this blog as a record of my inspirations that I can look back through when I’m stuck.

So on the topic of inspiration…Tim and I were super bummed to miss out this year on one of our favorite annual events, the Oak Park Library book sale. My kind sister was able to go and did her best to grab a few "Hillary books" for me. She did a good job. I’m especially loving everything about this – the colors, the quilts, the teapots, the tiny beds, the hedgies. Cute!

oop, click through the pic to flickr for the book info

22 thoughts on “the winner and 10 sleepy hedgehogs

1. Beth Whitney says:

I have that book, it was mine when it was brand new, and is now in my daughter’s room!! Just read it the other day…

2. Nancy Cook says:

love the illustrations.
    i do like seeing inspiration photos but i feel the same way.
    it’s hard to post with the 2 kids as much as i like and i usually wind up posting my FO

3. Rory says:

Congrats to the winner! Of the subject, but maybe something of interest: Did you see the new camper ribbon at J Caroline creative? Seems like it was meant for your little boy’s room!!

4. mojoandco says:

We love library book sales too! They’re how I’ve discovered some of my favourite picture book authors and illustrators. There’s one this weekend … yippee!!

5. Jess says:

Thank you Hillary!
    I am so excited!
    I just did a little dance for my quizzical husband.
    I think that I love Chloe the best, though it was a difficult decision.

6. The Mommy says:

I love library book sales. I’m totally addicted. My husband rolls his eyes a bit when I bring home more books, but he usually pretents to be mildly supportive. Yes, he’s wonderful and I superlove him!

7. Amy says:

Like Lindsey above, I initially thought this was early Richard Scarry as well–it remind me of his “The Animals’ Merry Christmas,” which I adore. I thought this would be a good one to look for on ABE books, since I adore the page you show. One copy available, for $45! Your sister did you right!

8. Candeelady says:

Makes me think of the madeline stories with all the beds in a row. I need to go hang out with my childrens books for an afternoon and give myself some TLC _ I’ve been watching too much news on TV and it drags me down

9. Stephanie Barrett says:

Adorable book! My daughter’s soon-to-be mother-in-law collects hedgehog things. So I thought I’d try to find a copy. $45.00 and only one copy on Amazon! Oh well! You got a great deal!