The Picnic Fairy Stitchette has made her way to the shop this morning.
I’m kicking around some ideas for what I’m going to do with my finished embroideries this time. I think it’d be so cute to make some sort of picnic basket cover out of them but I don’t have a nice basket yet. We’ll see. Maybe I’ll make another garland or apron.
So a note on the pattern: all the detail in the samples I made up is not on the pattern. This way you’re free to add detail but don’t have to get all teeny tiny nitpicking if you’re not feeling it. The gingham pattern on the wings is not on the pattern. That I did with criss crossing running stitches. Same with the details inside the squares on the quilt. I think that’s it. Oh, I did some dots on her dress, those aren’t on the pattern. Again, a running stitch. Everything else is done in my usual split stitch or backstitch for tiny details. French knots for the eyes and dots. Oh and detached chain stitches worked well for the watermelon seeds. More info: I stitch mine up on muslin with half a strand of DMC floss (3 out of the 6 threads) and as I mentioned before, with whatever needle is on hand, you know.. the one that’s not too big or too small. Shoot me an email (hillarylang at gmail) if you have any other questions. Thanks!!