live action

These gals will be up in the shop in notecard form in a few weeks. I really get a kick setting these scenes up. I wish I had the time and patience to do little animations with the dolls. It was so fun making their coordinating outfits and knitting tiny sweater vests. I’d love to do a back to school set up with them too with little backpacks and berets and blazers. Oh geez, now I think I need to do that.

Quilting Bee

Knitting Club

60 thoughts on “live action

1. lynnie says:

They’re wonderful! My daughter has a friend moving away and they’ve promised to be pen pals. I was hoping you’d have more doll postcards so she could use send them to her friend!

2. Ana Lilia says:

your dolls are so adorable! but now that i know that they will only be available in postcard form, it makes me wonder what you do with all the wonderful dolls you make? do you keep them for your little ones, do you give them away, or do you sell them? just curious!

3. jill says:

Seriously. cute. I have a weakness for weird creative obsessions. I bet you spent a long time on these pictures and even longer just thinking about them (before you went to sleep, for example). Thank you for admitting yours. I so get it.

4. Deana says:

Love these!!! I grew up loving American Girl dolls
    but DUDE…these kick their little expensive butts! :) *ok still love my AG dolls…but….I’m just saying – totally Cute. (Let’s hope the wee one baking in my oven right now is a Girl! :) )

5. Alicia P. says:

THE QUILT! It is awesome!!! The dolls are great, but oh, the quilt, the quilt.
    I have just been finishing up the one I started two springs ago, I think. The patchwork square pattern is the best, don’t you think? It always just looks so great, and lets the fabrics really sing. Okay, I’ll stop rambling. xo, a

6. Linda says:

Hi Hillary, i received my summer pixie fairy set..it is wonderful and I can’t wait to embroider it..also love the little girls..can’t wait to see the notecards..indeed they will be adorable! Must be so much fun setting them up like that!!

7. Tsoniki says:

I love those! My daughter and our previous neighbor’s daughter are going to start writing to each other as part of a homeschooling writing assignment. These as postcards would be awesome!

8. Carol says:

Glad to see you’re having so much fun with your beautiful creations. I always enjoy the settings you put your dolls in.

9. Beth says:

do not get me started. I drug out all my My Friends dolls and have made a whole “camp theme” tent and all…. now working on the picnic table. BUT I want to get started on a Pumpkin patch theme.
    That being said, we just got back from Colorado where we took Mandy and Becky on many many adventures. This weekend is photoshop time… and get back to my blog time!

10. jill says:

Oh my… these little dolls remind me so much of my first doll – which my mom thoughtfully saved for me. Just a treasure to any little girl who might own one of these.