re-ment!

It’s been pretty hectic around here lately and I really need to be spending every free moment sewing, not typing so here’s a little teeny tiny something to sit on the blog until I have a sec to write a proper post or two. I’m bummed I don’t have time to really go into how cuckoo for re-ment I’ve become lately but I’m pretty sure you’ll see why from this pic. See others who are hooked.

Have a great weekend!

30 thoughts on “re-ment!

1. Julie @ Letter9 says:

Oddly intriguing. So very tiny. I’m sort of puzzled as to how someone ever even thought to make such tiny little things. It’s like, “hmm… I’ve only got an inch of space left on this shelf here but I’d really love it if I could display an oven with food (or whatever that is — a bread box?). OH! I KNOW! I could make one that’s only an inch big. YES!”
    And yet at the same time, I have to admit I kind of want some tiny display items for my own desk.
    Weird.

2. Water Works says:

I know you’re super crazy busy, but I’d really appreciate a quick note about linen. What kind do you use for the stitchettes and where do you get it? Thanks.

3. elbie says:

Gah. I know. I have the tiny yellow espresso/capuchino (sp?) maker, and it looks so dang cool. Best part is that is has movable parts just like the real thing. You can buy these at Mitsuwa in the Chicago area. And you should, everyone. They look awesome on desks, windowsills, shelves, anywhere. I want an entire mini-kitchen appliance set.

4. elliebelle says:

I just recently posted how I’m a sucker for anything miniature – these are so fun! Good luck with all of you sewing, I can’t wait to see what you come up with! 🙂

5. Nanette says:

Re-ment addict here. It’s the level of detail that kills me..and the mystery element to opening the boxes. I’ll tell you a family secret. We use re-ment for tooth-fairy visitations. It works brilliantly as our daughter thinks they are second-hand bits and bobs from the fairy’s house!

6. hillary says:

julie, well I think it’s for dolls and such. but really, anything super tiny is just cool.
    jenna, that’s not where I got these but I have bought some there.
    nanette, that’s so funny!
    dawn, plastic.

7. Melissa says:

Those crack me up! The Japanese come up with the craziest inventions! I love to read their renditions in English. They say things in such a funny, yet charming way. I’m happy to learn about these tiny little treats.

8. AmandaMay says:

wow, I would love to find some of those. Apparently there are no stores selling them in Vermont though (why am I not surprised?!) It would be so fun to decorate a whole miniature doll house…

9. Sheva says:

OMG!!!! I can’t live without i just can’t . I wish there was a store to order from online there is only one store here in Baltimore that sells them . OY! i need!

10. Beth says:

Had to comment… my Blythe and Pullip dolls have only recently had an intro to the wonders of Re-ment. It photographs like a dream!
    Yes, I am a 34-yr-old woman and I play with dolls.
    But we are all totally addicted to the Re-ment.
    Waiting to get the apple-corer.

11. Samantha says:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    I LOVE re-ment!!!! I first saw these products at a doll show last year- my daughter and I HAD to buy them!! I have a little drinking glass set in a basket- my daughter has the fair (cotton candy, etc.) set.
    I can’t wait to find them again.