fairy stitchette apron

I’ve been thinking for a while that I needed to come up with some fun projects for all these stitchettes I have laying around. I make up the samples for the patterns and then stick them in a drawer. They’re crying to see some action. So here’s my first outing, an apron for the fairy stitchettes. I made this on the fly from a thrifted dress I was saving because of its cute fabric. Luckily I didn’t run out of dress before I finished. I wanted the apron to be adjustable in size so I made big long straps that go through loops at the back of the waistband. Oscar modeled it for me and he’s swimming in it but it still looks cute. I think it would work for 3 up to, well, grown ups, depends on how wide you make the waistband. I drew up some not-fancy, slapdash instructions for how I put it together. Here it is* with some qualification..really… not fancy, no materials needed list or detailed instructions, just some measurements and drawings, but it should get you from a to b if you’re interested.

back :: loops :: skirt
embroidered

*fyi: that’s a link to a pdf that will most likely just automatically download when you click it so check your downloads folder for fairystitchetteapron.pdf

28 thoughts on “fairy stitchette apron

1. charlotte says:

cute acorns (and fairy)! I noticed green acorns on an oak tree while we were out walking back from the post office yesterday. It was too high to pick and none on the ground yet…

2. Just Pure Lovely says:

What a great idea for using embroidery! I hope you’ll come up with even more ideas.
    I just blogged today on an embroidery from a drawing that my 8yo did. I’ll pingback to your post as another project idea.

3. bethany says:

Thank you for the pattern! I just received fabric to make my daughter an apron and was wondering what it would look like. I think you just gave me the answer!

4. Stacia says:

You always inspire! Great application for the stitchettes. I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the You Make My Day award on my blog. You always do. 😉 Happy Tuesday!

5. Sara says:

I have been pondering over the right idea for aprons for myself and my two little ones. This is perfect, thank you! Any ideas about making aprons for boys? Fabric choices that don’t make them seem so feminine?

6. Rebecca says:

Hillary, I am a big fan of your site and of your stitchettes, I am guilty of lurking and not commenting but on reading this post it suddenly occurred to me that you might get a kick out of seeing what I did with your Toe Tapping Tilly stitchette. http://poshyarns.blogspot.com/2007/05/sunshine-and-sewing-glorious-weather.html (scroll down a bit). This was our very favourite dress of last year and we had so many compliments on it, made all the more perfect by the fact that my daughter is actually a Tilly!