hanging out

these gals have been patiently waiting on my desk for their photoshoots. they have been pokey pokersons. some sitting around for days with no hair, weeks with no faces, months with no outfits. now they’re all finished and waiting for the sun, and for me to have the time and concentration to do some set ups.

handmade dolls

55 thoughts on “hanging out

1. Amy B. says:

They’re beautiful! You did an incredible job on these ladies!
    How on earth do you attach their hair? Would you ever consider doing a tutorial?
    Or maybe a pattern??????

2. peanut says:

So cute – hair, dolls, outfits, tea set – everything ๐Ÿ™‚
    Will you be selling patterns for these gals? I’d love to have some of them around my sewing room.
    PS. I got your make-a-long patterns for Christmas and can’ wait to start my own Olive and Archie set.

3. mary says:

Love the dolls! Especially the Asian on the left- she looks just like my beautiful niece!
    And I second the pattern request :o) Spare us trying to figure these out on our own!

4. Kate says:

ohhh the hair, the hair! But what do you sew it on with? Presumably not the yarn that is the hair, wouldn’t it be to thick? I was thinking of trying this using that invisible nylon sewing thread….. These guys look like Ingrid and whats-a-name, the make-a-long doll body with that rounded head from the butterfly. I’ve been meaning to try and give this a go, this may be just the inspiration to get me moving on it! Thank you, they are lovely, did I mention the hair?

5. Stacie.Make.Do. says:

Hahahaa – I thought you said “Pokerpersons” as in – instead of a tea party they were playing poker! These little gals look like they could do that too, ala the movie Mr. Mom – with coupons, heehee.
    Very cute.

6. Laura says:

The dolls are so cute – their round heads and little bodies remind of the Joan Walsh Anglund dolls I used to have as a kid – sold by Hallmark, I think! We’d love to have a pattern!

7. Lotta says:

So lovely!
    And I’m about tearing my hair out with this ugly gray Chicago light. I just opened an Etsy shop and trying to take pictures that don’t look totally depressing is hard.