some sugarplum fairies

I’ve had many ideas for birthday gifts for the chicklets, Sadie and Delia. But what do you make for the daughters of the craftiest mom of them all?! I dismissed so many ideas along the way that these presents are now far beyond belated-birthday and are falling in Christmas territory. I was finally spurred into action on this latest idea after being handed down some pastel rainbow dotted swiss and reading about S & D’s love of fancy and flashy fairies. I hope these are acceptably bedazzled!

On the fairy topic…while I was working on these gals last night I kept chuckling thinking of this too funny take on the flashiest of all fairies, the princess fairy.

45 thoughts on “some sugarplum fairies

1. IamSusie says:

For some reason your whole archive came up on my Google Reader so I got a look at your work from way in the past. Your dollmaking just gets better and cuter all the time!

2. julia says:

holy crap- these are the cutest little fairies ever! i totally want one too. i love the little antennae!! maybe if the girlies don’t like them they can pass one on to me (hehe- reminds me of amy’s funny gift tags she just posted).

3. AverageJaneCrafter says:

Oh sweet mother of all things adorable! HOLY SMOKES! Those are the most adorable dolls I’ve seen in ages! Those sweet cheeks! The Wings! The perfect hair! Just totally awesome. 🙂
    (IamSusie – I had the same thing happen in my reader, too … weird!)

4. Michelle says:

About the princess fairy story you linked to… where do you *find* these things? Cracked me up. But anyway, I like the fairies you made, the hairdos are just the best.

5. nancy heard says:

OH. MY. GOD.
    these are too fantastic!!!!!!!!! i think the absolute BEST touch is the “who-ville” antennae.
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

6. meg says:

You always seem to have a new and exciting way of making hair on your dolls. Do you come up with them yourself or is there a good resorce for hair you could pass on? really fantastic dolls, as always.

7. Amber says:

Oh my gosh…these are adorable! Those little girls are going to freak out when they open them! The little wings are too cute..and their hair! My goodness!

8. amy k. says:

oh man!! sadie ran over to see what I was screaming about and saw them–(delia is asleep on the sofa)
    amazing!! and so generous, thoughtful, sweet and just heart warming. you are such a dear friend and amazing crafting partner in crime-thank you so much. they hurts. . .
    and the antennae?? are you insane? super genius cute!!

9. kristine says:

Oh my goodness! These are too freakin’ cute! I am so jealous of your talents. How I wish I could whip up such cuties for my girls. I have not been blessed by the crafting goddess, but have been given three daughters… However, I pathetically try.
    I love the wigs you create for your dolls. I hope you can give us a tutorial for the topsy-turvy wig and the fairy wigs (and patterns are always nice *wink*)
    S and D will adore them! Thank you for sharing.

10. Siri says:

I think these are my all time favorites of all your softies thus far. Those cheeks! That hair! Those antennae! The fabrics!
    I’m awestruck.
    These officially put you at a tie for “craftiest mom of them all.”