bonneted babies

handmade doll

I played the Phoebe card to get me out of yardwork on Sunday and was able to do a little gift sewing. I made these little wool babies in bonnets dolls for some new babies, Louisa and Frances, and while I was at it, two more for a couple not so new babies, Phoebe and Lydia. I found lots of great bonnet inspiration in one of my new favorite books, here.

handmade dolls

66 thoughts on “bonneted babies

1. Nancy Cook says:

i love the wool babies with their gingham backs
    i’m having a little girl in february and i’m all over the girlie stuff right now (not that i wasn’t all into it before because i was but i’ve got a boy so you know….

2. Sara says:

The Provensons are one of my favorites author pairs. I was lucky enough to take my daughters to see their exhibit at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art last year. Truly amazing stuff.
    Looks like your little bonnet babes would translate well into thanksgiving themed dolls too :)

3. Lucinda says:

Your bonnet babies are precious. But I simply had to say I love the art work that the Provensens do. Be sure and check out their other books. The stories are nice, but the pictures give hours of pleasure!

4. earthchick says:

These are so precious. They would make a darling Thanksgiving ensemble, as little pilgrims (maybe with some little pilgrim fellas, too, in different kinds of hats). Just sayin’.

5. Jeni says:

These are so cute! I really admire the way you not only come up with such cute ideas, but actually follow through with them and MAKE them! :) I’m not so good with the follow through!

6. water works says:

Please, oh please, make patterns for these lovely ladies. I have a daughter and a few nieces that NEED these little friends. And, well, I am just not smart enough to create a pattern myself! Great work. And love the *baby card*. Use it often myself…

7. Kim says:

Pilgrims in their Easter finery :-) I’d gush about how very cute they are, but on this blog that somehow seems like stating the glaringly obvious!

8. Steph says:

I can’t even explain the feeling I get when I come to your blog and discover the likes of bonneted babies and such. I guess I’ll have to settle for a two word description: TOO CUTE! =)

9. casey says:

Ahh, the baby card. I am just learning how to most effectively play it though I don’t get nearly as much crafting done as you! Those little dolls are so adorable!!

10. joy says:

i love the little flying nun!!
    forget the animals on wheels-you’ve got a good thing going here!!
    p.s.speaking of kids books,I am doing a giveaway on my blog if you are interested

11. ptitechouette says:

j’aimerai avoir une fille pour lui offrir tes babies . Que ces poupées sont belles!!
    i wish i had a girl , i could ask you for one of your babies – but i think my boy wouldnt mind having one.
    your dolls are really amazingly cute.