hiya

man, I find it hard to blog when I’m not being crafty. I don’t know what to write about. and my sleep deprived newborn-in-the-house brain isn’t helping things out. I think we’ll be more of a photoblog format for a while here.

late night reading

new heather ross fabric I ordered from my hospital bed

maybe she’ll win him over with her hair

34 thoughts on “hiya

1. Alisha says:

Love the family shot. Doing what’s best for the Wee ones, and you, is understandable. Photos can say a million words too.

2. carol says:

I have to agree with the rest- photos of your world and ideas swimming in your mind are just great…
    you have a great excuse to just sit back and cuddle that cute little girl (and Oscar too!).

3. Elena says:

Those books look really exciting – surely perfect night litterature! And oooh, what a peaceful family photo. Yeah, how does one convince bigger sisters, and brothers, to love theirs little comtetitioners?!?! Maybe the hair … maybe 😉

4. kalurah says:

sleep deprivation + craft don’t always make for the best combo, anyhow!
    get your rest, mama and keep a journal of all your project ‘ideas’.
    you can show it to all of us here!
    I’m ‘ooh’ing and ‘ahh’ing, already! :-)

5. Sarah says:

So glad you’re happily home. I have the second book in your stack – Girly Style Wardrobe and I love it. I’ve made one dress from it and am plotting more. Just rest and enjoy. They don’t stay newborns for long!

6. Anina says:

It may be better not to try any crafting when sleep deprived. It could be dangerous.
    Just enjoy these first months because they’ll be gone before you know it.

7. Karissa says:

enjoy the time without the work. i received a 600 piece ceramic order and then i had my daughter 3 weeks early. i was still in the hospital and the company called for a guarantee they would be completed within 3 weeks. all i can say is thank heaven for ‘grandma’. now ‘bug’ is 13mths and i wish i had more of those newborn moments, although i do love the sleep i am now getting, sometimes. drink her in.

8. blair says:

god, even the idea that you’re trying to feed the blog amazes me. I was really non functioning with both kids at this point. Take good care, what a lucky girl she is.

9. Meg McElwee says:

Such a lovely photo of your family. I’m also a great admirer of the kids’ rooms, especially Oscar’s comforter! And the Heather Ross Russian dolls … what a temptation! If the hospital bed couldn’t stop you, perhaps the fact that I live in rural Mexico will protect my pocketbook from sure demise!

10. Lori says:

I’m glad to see Oscar reads HonkHonk Ashoo! My son LOVES that book so much that I made him a little stuffed pillow head to match.

11. Cherry says:

I’m loving imagining the things I’m gonna make my two little girls from “Girly Style Wardrobe”!
    My favourite (apart from all of them) is the pink and white striped blouse.

12. PaperDollyGirl says:

Congratulations! I’m a new blog reader – someone directed me to the bunny pattern a while back, and I just stuck around. I wanted to just chime in with my best wishes for your newly-expanded family.
    Take care!

13. kate says:

Hey, where do you guys get these awesome little kids japanese craft books? I really want them and am looking for them, let me know where you got them please!!! thanks!!!

14. Ruth says:

The books look fab, I have looked everywhere but can only see them for sale on amazon.jp, no one seems to sell them over here in GB.