a huge Thank You!

Hello! I really want to sit and write about all that’s going on but I just cannot tear myself away from brushing my face with the softest head of baby’s hair ever. I had to pop in and say thank you so much to everyone for all the warm wishes for our new daughter! I didn’t realize that many people were out there. (of course… I’ll be expecting 400+ comments on all my posts from now on, wink) Tim and I are still at the hospital with Phoebe (she was a repeat c-section) and our fancy digs have internet access. It’s been so much fun to check in and read comments while we’re here recouping. Tomorrow we go home and we’re very anxious & excited to start our life as 4.

I was sitting down to write a big fat thank you post for all the sweet comments about Oscar’s and the baby’s room on Saturday when my water decided to break – all movie style – gushing down the hallway and bringing this already early bird in even earlier. So wow, thanks you guys for all the room love! I’m so happy with how they turned out. I had a huge bee in my bonnet to get them done before Phoebe came because I knew once she did I wouldn’t be able to bothered by any of it. And I was right. All I can do now is rub my face in baby head!

more soon!

thanks!

161 thoughts on “a huge Thank You!

1. amanda says:

Cute baby girl.
    Congrats!!!
    Love your work. take a break, and enjoy your new bundle of joy. Will miss reading your post daily.
    Amanda

2. Michelle says:

You just go on and rub all you want… we’ll wait. She’s very rub-able, and I guess it’s better that she get used to it sooner rather than later. :0)

3. tifanie says:

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now with great joy. She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations. Enjoy every delicious second! Thank you so much for sharing!

4. Colleen says:

What a sweeetttttt facee!!!! I want to pet her head she’s just soooo cute!! She totally reminds me of the little girl at the top of your blog! Isnt that funny? Well i love love love that hair…man that is the cutest thing i’ve ever seen.
    =] seriously. Adorable my friend, good work =D

5. Stephanie says:

I don’t blame you for just sitting and rubbing your face in baby hair. I would love to just sniff that full head of hair of hers. OH! It makes me want more babies….but I already have had 4 and well…that’s enough :o) Congrats and I wish you a speedy recovery. I’ve had 2 c/s of my own and I know that once you go home you get really really sore. So take it easy! And Congratulations again!

6. holly says:

She is so lovely… wow an internet enabled hospital room, we certainly don’t have those in the UK! Hoping your recovery goes well. Congratulations again

7. claire says:

She’s unbelievable. So lovely. Lovely name, lovely eyes, lovely hair. My five month old son looks like George Castanza. Seriously. Many congratulations to your family.

8. Claudia says:

Oh, how darling! Congratulations, Hilary & Tom, she is simply precious. Oscar, congratulations on your new baby sister – you must promise to look after her, but not let her walk all over you.
    Many blessings to you all.

9. Tracy says:

Hello! My very first time to your blog, and what do I see…The most beautiful brand new baby girl! Congratulations on the new additon–so glad all is well with now family of 4! Look at all that thick hair!! Happy Baby Days to you all! :o)

10. angela says:

She is beautiful!!! I didn’t post on the last one because I thought you would never get thru all of those responses. Congratulations to you both!!!! Oscar, you be the biggest helper to your mom and Phoebe, you are now the “Big Brother”, how cool for you!!

11. Karissa says:

What a gorgeous little doll, and with such wise eyes. She got even cuter for this picture. Welcome to the wonderful world of daughters.

12. Jo Ann says:

Congratulations. Phoebe is beautiful. The eyes, the hair, the cheeks, the sweet little lips. Perfect. Absolutely Perfect.

13. Greta says:

oh congrats….i am so with you on rubbing you face in a baby’s head…especially with all that soft hair…congrats..
    Elizabeth sent me your link to check out your gorgeous baby
    again congrats to you and the hubby and Oscar. I bet he is a proud big brother

14. Phoebe says:

Hey, my name’s Phoebe too, good choice there! Get ready for a lifetime of mispellings (Feebee, Fibi, Pheobe, Pheebee… etc., people are so dumb), but maybe now that it’s becoming a more common name, people will finally figure it out. She’s adorable, congrats!

15. Jennifer Holm says:

She is beautiful. I can’t believe all that hair!! My kids were bald until they were two. Enjoy your new wee one.

16. Anina says:

She is so cute. My Josh looked almost exactly like Phoebe and it makes me want to dig out old baby photos from 14 years ago.
    Congratulations again!

17. elizabooth says:

More congrats!! And Oh, the hair indeed. As the mother of a girl who was bald as can be until well after her first birthday, I envy your Phoebe’s lovely baby mane. Best wishes for everyone in your sweet family.

18. Jane says:

Isn’t she lovely! Congratulations and many, many, blessings! Try to get someone to take a picture of Oscars first meeting (if it hasn’t already happened.) It’s one of my favorite pics of me and my brother. I wasn’t to happy, but my parents were beaming. Of course we are best of friends now. Enjoy!

19. eBirdie says:

Had to comment again to say that I opened this post with my almost-2-year-old standing at my elbow and she said, unprompted, “baby got nice eyes!” (She’s really into giving compliments lately.) So. Baby got nice eyes. 😉

20. Monica says:

Congrats for your new baby – she’s so sweet. Hope the four of you can be at home soon and enjoy these lovely children. Thanks for your posts and all your good ideas, images and, the most important, sharing with us your great family.

21. ruthie says:

I was born with a lot of hair like your daughter!! my mom always tells people about it hehehe
    Your baby is so sweet!!! congratulations. sending warm wishes from across the pond
    xox
    ruthie from Bulgaria

22. Helen Gillis says:

She is just BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations and best wishes!!
    Helen in Malden, MA (I have made your stitchettes, and your stuffed cat – LOVE that!!)

23. Liesl says:

oh, she is so lovely! And the rooms turned out beautifully–won’t it be fun to take her home to such a nice welcome! Enjoy your new little one, and I hope you have a chance to relax and get to know each other. How is her big brother?

24. Sharon says:

Can I join in too? I miss pretty little itty-bitty babies! Phoebe is quite the buzz on the blogosphere!
    She looks like she was READY to come out! Are you sure she didn’t break your water on purpose by kicking? She just look so AWARE!
    Well, I wish you a speedy recovery. I had two c-sections, and I know it’s a challenge to recover quickly. REST, REST, REST! Rest now, and you’ll do better later!
    Look what you made! So cute!

25. Jude says:

Hello! Oh she is such a darling. Phoebe June reminds me of Lily when she was a baby – so much soft hair – it never fell out either. By the time she was four months old we put little clips in her hair (I think you call them barrettes). Take it easy after your C section – I rushed back to full speed too quickly after Lily. How is Oscar with his lovely new sister. I have a theory about older siblings – they don’t get jealous if they have been very loved – they reflect their love back on the new baby.

26. Lotta says:

Quick! Tell me how she’s already keeping you up all night or something. She’s creating an urge to procreate in me. She’s just that cute!

27. kristy says:

I spent so long reading everyone else’s comments on your last post, that i forgot to write my own!
    Well done though Hillary, she truly is beautiful.

28. Cherry says:

Aaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!! She is a honey!
    My second daughter born in January this year, also arrived early when my waters broke while I was sitting at the computer (or “pooter” as my 3yo calls it). Freaky! :-)
    CONGRATULATIONS.

29. sara says:

She’s adorable! My sister had a full head of hair like that when she was born and all the nurses at the hospital went nuts stroking her hair and putting little ribbons in it. :)

30. Toni says:

She is precious. So happy to hear all is well. Enjoy these sweet and fleeting days of newborn-hood! I so know what you mean about that velvet soft hair, I couldn’t stop stroking it or smelling it with my own babies!

31. grace_t says:

I just came across your website through a link on another blog. Imagine the THRILL that this insomniac got at 5am when greeted by a picture of the most beautiful baby that she has seen in quite some time! Those eyes…those smoochie lips…that hair…and, do I see a sweet dimple in her little chin? You must be head over heels in love with this precious little one. Enjoy her!!
    Congratulations to your family.

32. carly says:

not sure if you will get as far down as this but a big snuggly congrats… I remember having dreams (pre baby) of sniffing in baby head! and then it was all that and more…its like nothing else hey! have plenty of whiffs for us all I am sure xoxox

33. Sue says:

I would cuddle her also all the time. She has beautiful hair, but maybe it will change – and get lighter, very few babies keep the dark hair they’re born with.

34. Gina says:

Congrats on a sweet bundle! The hair! There is so much of it, You could probably already put it up in a cute little pony tail. Take care and rest up.

35. Caroline says:

Congratulations from denmark! She looks so beautiful, enjoy your little one. I love following your wonderful blog.

36. Grace says:

congratulations again — shie’s the sweetest thing ever! you’re going to love having a girl! I would never exchange the experience of parenting a girl (or a boy) for anything! Welcome to this world, Phoebe! (Which is really one of my all time favorite names and my daughter very nearly was a Phoebe.)

37. cindy says:

My oldest came with a full head of hair like that. When she was 4 months old it ALL fell out and I was heartbroken, but when her new hair came in, it was this gorgeous mop of ringlets. She’s 16 now and has beautiful curly hair…I’m jealous. Enjoy that beautiful little Junebaby princess. And, I agree, it would be hard to rip myself away from someone so precious! :)

38. Kim says:

She is beautiful. Congratulations! I came to your site via Nut and Bee via Fred Flare. You do lovely work, and here’s hoping Phoebe inherits your artistic genes for the next generation (my daughter is 2 and a half).

39. mom2fur says:

She’s precious! Look how wide awake and alert she is! It seems that your sweet baby is already thinking of how she’ll change the world for the better. Congratulations!

40. kim at allconsuming says:

Oh MY, a beautiful baby girl, a stunning nursery, a breath-taking room for Oscar – and I’ve only just found you.
    We too are expecting a Junebaby – due today week. We don’t know if it’s a blue or pink one, but with three blue ones who have come before, the very notion it could be anything but blue is kinda strange!

41. Sarah says:

What a wonderful addition to your lovely family! She’s a lucky girl, with the most beautiful room I have ever seen. Her brother is pretty lucky, too, with his cool room and a new sister! Enjoy a relaxing summer.

42. Kim says:

I’m late to the party, but congrats! She is gorgeous! (And I love the name–if I have a baby girl I’m going to name her June!)

43. Vanessa says:

It seems that everything you do is beautiful: quilting, sewing, decorating, making children… Anyways, congratulations and all the best for your new life!
    Ps: didn’t Oscar looked so much bigger when you saw him in hospital right after Phoebe was born? (I know I felt this way about Eliott after Rémi was born…)

44. luxy says:

Congrats!!! I’m brand new to your blog and am so happy that I popped onto this spot and saw her beautiful little face.
    I’m also a momma of 4, my littlest just turned a year 2 weeks ago. He was 6.5 weeks early. You’d never know it now.
    Enjoy!