snaps

My camera and I are fighting today. I’m not sure what I’ve done to upset it but most of the jazillion photos I took this morning for house show and tell are crap. Here are some of the living room that turned out okay. We’ve taken to calling this wood covered central wall the "console" for lack of a better term. I love it! One of Dick’s grand achievements. It’s finally visible after the wall of book boxes made it to the basement and now it’s in need of some accessorizing. My living room sewing projects are finished – the pillows are made and ottoman is covered. And our last new furniture for a very long while, the new slick  office furniture from the CB2 came on Friday. It may be a little too slick in here now. Maybe once the art and books are unpacked it’ll look more homey.

Now this is homey… Oscar eating his breakfast on the front stoop this morning.

60 thoughts on “snaps

1. carol says:

really NICE. everthing is just really put together in a great and functional way…makes me wonder what I was thinking with my own decor choices!

2. Nancy says:

the front stoop one is my favorite photo.
    great work putting all this together so fast. impressive
    we are about to embark on house hunting adventure- if only we could decide where..

3. Caitlin says:

I love the 2nd to last picture – your couch looks great with its new pillows and your workstation barely looks like a workstation at all!
    Oscar is adorable, I wish I had a stoop to eat breakfast on!

4. Wilma says:

I’m still sorry you didn’t buy the house across the street from me, but I think you got a wonderful one. I love the light and color. You are settling in so quickly. I’ve lived in our house for almost two years, and there’s still so many unstarted projects! You inspire me!

5. Ellen says:

I like your colors and the wood floors. How I miss our wood floors! (only moved 7 months ago) Hope to put in (not redo unfortunately) wood floors sometime soon.

6. Megan says:

Love that “console”. Very cool. What’s the color that you have on the walls?? I am thinking might finally paint my primer painted paneling. Thinking…..not commiting.

7. Colleen says:

Nothing i like better than eating in the company of a gnome. I love that kid, and im liking theese pics of the house, keep us updated!

8. Celeste says:

whooooo is oscar, and can i take him home?
    i love your blog – this finally prompted me to post. congrats on all the changes in your life – your home looks beautiful!

9. amy h says:

Aaah! I love it — so much! Your taste is right up my alley. That “console” is great, and you made beautious choices with all of your stuff, too. Nice!

10. Catherine says:

I like the first picture with the wood panelling and the way you arranged the furniture. It looks very nice. The last picture of your son having a snack is beautiful.
    Congrats on a beautiful home!!:0)

11. LeeAnn says:

What magazine did you steal those pictures from? I kid! I kid! Wonderful home! I love it. I have been eyeing a Stressless chair for quite some time. I really love them.

12. Pam/Beanblossom says:

I have that same fabric (from the sofa pillows). I was saving it for totes, but home decor might be more appropriate. You rock! Thank you for sharing and I hope your camera starts behaving.

13. JoAnna says:

Wow! I L-O-V-E your pillows! They turned out so well. All very homey. Now kick up you feet and take a break before you are way too busy!

14. Happy Zombie says:

Your house is drop dead gorgeous! I love your style!
    I got my Home Companion today and I squealed with delight when I saw your Spaceboy Robot featured in “this we like”! WAY COOL!!!

15. Daphne says:

I’m a little relieved to hear you say it’s a little extra spare right now (okay, you said “slick”). The light in these photos make it look magazine-worthy though, and Oscar eating breakfast outside is idyllic as all get-out.

16. Alice says:

Gorgeous! I have to has HOW is it even possible for you to have done all that already?
    I just bought that same IKEA fabric that’s on your ottoman, aren’t the colors great?

17. Bettsi says:

Ack! The cuteness everywhere!!! I love everything, especially that cute little “boxcar”. I would love to see some pics of you in your expectant state. What is that slantiness at the bottom of the rocking console? Can you make Dick and Dot dolls because that would be too cute! I’m so happy for you guys!

18. jesseca says:

Holy cow – I just came across your blog – ummm amazing!! Not only is your work meticulous and outstanding, but your sense of style is to die for! I am sucker for moderninsm – and you make it look simply fabulous ;)!

19. Laurie says:

Hillary,
    I loved your pictures and writings about Oscar and Babyjune. But that’s not why I’m writing. Like your mother, one of my favorite books as a young reader was Hilary’s Island. I have been looking on line for years wondering if I made it up, and today the description of how you got your name came up when I googled the title. I was wondering, do you actually have the book pictured or did you just get the picture from somewhere. My book as long since disappeared, which is too bad since there is one copy for sale for $500.00- first edition, but still… I guess it is indeed a rare book. I know how busy you are, but hope to hear from you sometime.
    Good luck with those precious little ones! Laurie