The thing one quickly realizes when trying to cover a wall with doll quilts, even a small wall, is that you need a certain density or it doesn't work. To that end this week produced a few more additions for the wall. They're all pretty much quicky specials -- three of them I made yesterday.
Pinky here is made from thrift store linens. I ran out of batting so it has just flannel inside and I did a pillowcase binding and a stippling quilt pattern. close up here.
Here's a little fussy cut number from some folky vintage fabric and orange gingham. I made this one earlier this week and hand quilted it and hand sewed the binding. I like hand quilting when there's a little gingham grid to follow. Makes me less obsessed with getting my stitches even. close up here.
I found this cross stitch at a thrift store ages ago. I thought this would whip up into a quicky little quilt but it went through 3 different bindings until I found this one, a tiny vintage polka dot binding tape, that actually worked. close up here.
Another fussy one, this one is made from my stash of japanese storybook prints and the yellow dot flannel was Oscar's crib skirt. close up here.
This one I made from a thrifted kids quilt I've been holding on to forever. It had lots of stains and tears but some great big appliques that were waiting to be saved. This little house just needing some binding and it was all set!
I hate to jinx myself but I think the wall may be full. I have one I'm on the fence about. I've nailed all but that one to the wall. I need to sleep on it. Now I'm waiting for hand-me-down bedding to arrive in the mail and to get the curtains up and then I'll have some nursery pics to share :)