baby gifts

One of the things I’m most behind on because of the move are my thank you’s. Let me catch up a bit. This doll quilt came in the mail before the move from Marisa and I just unearthed it from one of those marvelous "misc" boxes (you know the ones with the alarm clock, the toothpaste, the phone bill, etc). Isn’t it cute! Her applique is amazing and I can’t get over the tag on the back. I’m tempted to hang it up backwards! Thank you Marisa :)

You probably all saw the amazing doll quilt the angry chicken made me on her blog. It arrived the other day in the mail and as Amy would say, it is making me crazy! As always, she nailed the perfect look and I’m so digging its vintage feel. As I look at the quilts I’ve assembled so far I think vintage is definitely the theme. Softer colors, more traditional patchworks. They look amazing all together. I’m getting ahead of myself. I still have at least 4 more of these to make to fill up the wall so maybe I’ll just stop talking about the quilt wall every day!

Sneaky Amy also sent me some of these! And I love LOVE the paper she wrapped them in. Amy, did you do these dots yourself?

And from an even sneakier chicken, Lyn, came these awesome booties. I wrangled the poor girl into a getting something sent to me from amazon.uk scheme and she was so gracious about it and then went and snuck in a present on top of it. Thanks Lyn! xo

Busy weekend ahead for us. I decided it was time to let non-family members come by and see what’s going on around here so we have some hosting to do. If I can get everything done that I’m hoping to I may have a bunch of pics to share next week. Have a great weekend!

16 thoughts on “baby gifts

1. Sarah says:

Cute stuff! I *think* that tissue paper is from Anthropologie. I know I have some red dotty tissue from there, I just am not sure it is an exact match.

2. amy k. says:

ha!! so happy to see the quilt there-
    I was thinking that you could sew on little circle stitch markers on the back to hang them on the wall? you know what I mean?
    and what did you ask lyn to get you? (I am too curious-you sneak.) them there’s some cute booties-
    and, no, I wish I had been so clever as to paint the tissue dots, but I think it was tissue I saved from maybe a small object package? who knows-we all love the same stuff, hard to keep track-
    and can’t wait to see your lovely penny rug up there!!

3. Marisa says:

Glad you like the apples and my nutty label. I love calligraphy, but it looks so stuffy and organized. Fun to mix it up a bit. Blessings to you and your family, especially the new coming-soon member! You will have so much fun making things for her!

4. cindy says:

That little junebaby is going to never want to leave that beautiful room. I want to live there! :) Friends are fabulous! :) All those little quilts will be lifelong treasures. :)

5. Whitney says:

I stumbled upon your wee wonderfuls dolls and instantly fell in love! My 2 cutie kids look like them! I just wish I could sew now!
    Your blog is super cool, thanks! And mazal tov on the Junebaby!
    I will be back to read more!
    ~Whitney

6. Beth says:

I’d recognize that Anthro tissue paper anywhere, as I’ve stashed quite a bit for such special packages and projects like these! Darling stuff, what a lucky lady you are!