see you on the other side

The movers are coming this Saturday. Time to stop prepping the new house and to concentrate on packing up around here. If you see a crazed pregnant woman at the Jewel screaming about how much *&%@! packing tape it takes to pack up one apartment or standing in the hair color aisle wondering if stress can really turn your already graying hair completely white, say hi 🙂 Otherwise, I’ll see you on the other end, have a great week!

Oh! and Spring Stitchettes will be for sale early next week.

42 thoughts on “see you on the other side

1. carol says:

I’ll know who you are…and try to calm you down or maybe just join you in the ranting!
    looks like the weather will be perfect for the big move. I’m so excited for you and your family!

2. sally says:

Good Luck on the move. I hate moving and I think I’ve aged a year every time we do move.
    I agree – there is too much tape needed to move an apt. We discovered when we moved from apt to house we had way too much stuff in the apt – because we didn’t need to buy any more furniture for the house. Kinda scary if you ask me.

3. Sonya says:

Oh no. I remember from our move three years ago – the packing tape!!! There was never enough. Packing tip: Yarn works really well as “filler” for those heavy boxes that aren’t packed all the way to the top.

4. Jenn says:

I hope everything goes smoothly!
    I’ve moved many times myself – and there is light at the end of the tunnel (or in this case – a glass of wine when the last box is un-packed!!!)
    All the best to you –
    Jenn : )

5. martha in mobile says:

Moving day is a pain, but just repeat to yourself “THIS is my house! This IS my house! This is MY house! This is my HOUSE!” There is something so wonderful about owning your very, very own home. Good luck to you!

6. Michelle says:

Best wishes! As someone who moves alot–just take some moments to stop and take a deep breath–a nice slow deep breath. Eat lots of snacks and take breaks. It will all come together in time…

7. Siri says:

Oh dear, and here I was thinking that you were already in the house and living amongst all the paint fumes and messes, but of course you’re not. Good luck with the move!

8. Blair says:

Good luck with your move. If it provides any solace, we are in the process of cleaning like we’re moving. Seriously. Our goal is what you’re doing minus the packing tape.
    I just covered up my gray, couldn’t bear it anymore.

9. madmommy says:

Oh, I am SO with you on the packing tape screaming pulling out hair I don’t even have! We’re just now putting the house up for sale and looking at “new” ones. Stress, stress, stress! Hugs!

10. Jessica says:

Good luck with your move. It is always chaos. We bought our first home almost exactly a year ago and after moving about 7 times together, it was the best move we had because it was OUR HOME! Having the movers help us with the unpacking didn’t hurt either….they take all that packing trash with them. Woohoo!

11. Bele says:

The movers are coming next Wednesday. Still time for prepping the new house from the 50ies and to concentrate on packing up around here this weekend. If you see a crazed, white-haired pregnant woman on the other side of the ocean screaming about how much *&%@! packing tape and boxes it takes to pack up one apartment, say hi 🙂
    I am still wondering about the “parallel” lives and experiences we share, just at the moment… Thinking of you on Saturday and please take care of yourself!

12. Nicki says:

Much luck with the move, hoping it all goes smoothly. How impressed am i you can even *think* Stitchettes mid-move!!!! Bless you wonderful woman – can’t wait!

13. Jan says:

Best wishes for a smooth move, Hillary. You’re almost at the end now, which sounds like heaven to me. (Just back from two days tramping around with a realtor…)
    Looks like good weather this weekend. That has to be a good omen!

14. Becky G. says:

A quick word of advice: don’t get tempted to skimp on labelling the boxes.
    I did, thinking I’d remember what was in them and now I’m going crazy.
    Also, don’t get tempted to overwork yourself.
    You’ll feel like crap and it could be dangerous.
    Live like a queen during the move. You deserve it!