Japanese treats

Well I could show some of the pics I’ve been taking lately…the way way wrong colors I’ve picked out and painted all over the walls of our new house being my top favs. Did you know being pregnant makes you blind? I knew it made you stupid but I guess I forgot the blind part. My vision is for crap. The dr. says no new glasses though because it’s temporary. She suggests going to Walgreens and picking up cheapy reading glasses. I’m wondering if she noticed I was wearing glasses. Am I supposed to wear the reading glasses over my glasses? And evidentally this baby is making me colorblind as well. Will these magic reading glasses maybe restore my sense of color so I can pick out a friggin paint for our bedroom!

Anyway, happy treats instead. Surprise mail from a friend whose friend picked up some fabric for me in Japan. Isn’t that sweet!

and some hidden away valentine’s candy (I know looks like easter candy) that Tim picked out for me at Mitsuwa but completely forgot about.

Have a great weekend!

24 thoughts on “Japanese treats

1. Jo says:

When I first started needing bifocals, I sometimes wore cheapy reading glasses over my other glasses, which earned me the nickname “six eyes” from my husband.
    I think I first developed astigmatism while pregnant, and my vision has been downhill since.

2. Sara says:

I remember those hato cookies from Japan!! Natsukashii!! I lived there for 13 years and gave birth to my daughter there. The day after I gave birth (you had to stay in the hospital for a week!) I was reading something and the nurses all got horrified. It was a huge Red Cross Hospital but they insisted that new mothers could not read for a month after delivery or their eyes would be damaged. Interesting…. eh. Giving birth in Japan (in 1984) was a real learning experience.

3. IamSusie says:

I remember everything being a bit blurry while I was pregnant. I think it has to do with water retention or something.

4. Erica says:

The paint color thing might not be just because you are pregnant… Green is a VERY difficult color. I myself had to paint a bathroom THREE times, because green never paints the way that you expect it to…

5. Kelli says:

After being pregnant two years in a row I am now in my first year of non-pregnant and I’m still stubid, totally blind and my nursery walls look like urine!

6. Wendy says:

I did a miniature silk needlepoint sampler (one thread of floss over each thread of the silk fabric) and nearly went blind. I wore the reading glasses at the tip of my nose with my regular glasses in their normal position. It meant I was too embarrassed to work on the project anywhere but home. The sampler turned out really cute though, so I guess it was worth it.

7. liz says:

Oh my goodness those little candies are so adorable. :) Good luck with your eyesight! Any sane/non-pregnant friends you can bring along to the hardware store?

8. Michelle says:

My eyesight, with each of my 4 pregnancies, was affected. And now that my children are getting older (and smarter) I realize that my “pregnancy brain” never really recovered! All those math awards I won (all those years ago) mean very little now. I have had to (sneak behind his back) read my son’s math book just to help him with his basic Allgebra (sixth grade) homework!! But, having children has inspired me and has helped me develop my creative side (nothing like a child to bring out the creativity!). And even on my best day I am terrible with picking out colors! I was told by a very good friend that those cute little paint swatches you get are always 2 shades darker when they are actually put up on the wall. He suggested, after you’ve picked your paint colors, to go ahead and use a color 2 shades lighter. It’s worked for me (mostly).

9. corrie says:

ohhhh I’m going to japan this year and that is gorgeous fabric so can’t wait to get my hands on some of my own
    and aren’t the sweets cute….everything is always wrapped and presented so beautifully!
    lucky you!!!!!!!

10. Lotta says:

I’ve picked paint I thought was subtle and it turned on me after it dried. Try and paint over it with a sheer cream glaze. Or say f it and buy some new paint, tell Tim to do it and go sit down and eat your chocolates. That’s what I’d do!

11. cindy says:

Eyes and brains go when you have kids. Darn it. Oh, yea, and the bladder. I think that’s the worst thing that goes. At least you got some fabric in the mail..that makes things better. :)