t.g.i.d.w.c.o.t.h.

Oscar’s duvet cover is coming along. It’s hard work though.

I’m not a fan of hard work lately so I took a little pincushion break.

Today we close on the house! I’m practicing my signatures…Oliver Clothesoff…Al Coholic…Amanda Huggenkiss. I’m sure this bit is going to kill at the title place :)

30 thoughts on “t.g.i.d.w.c.o.t.h.

1. rachel says:

Congratulations on your closing! After a three-hour closing (yes, three hours) on our first place, I cried like a baby. Such relief and excitement. Ok, and a little fear (“o.m.g. what have we done?!”) and definitely pain in my right hand from all those signatures! I’m really happy for you and your family. Have a great time settling in!

2. Alisa says:

Have fun! Have fun! Repeat of Rachel’s comment. Closing on a house is so much fun and so terrifying. But walking into that totally empty house, on your own, without a realtor, knowing that it’s yours to move into, that’s wonderful!

3. Beth says:

I love those pin cushions. I need a new one!
    Also the duvet cover looks so cool, can’t wait to see it all done.
    AND…way cool. My Olive and Archie are on the side bar as I read this post.

4. amy k. says:

cograts! and don’t work too hard-it’s looking really wonderful. . .
    and I try to sign I.P.Freely and Hugh Jass when I can. My mom taught me those!

5. ms moniker says:

You’ll have to sign and initial in about a hundred places so don’t practice your autograph too much…you’ll wear your hand out!
    Congrats.

6. lisa s says:

hee hee.
    between you and amy k’s additions i’m rolling on the floor. i’m not sure what that says about me…. hmmmm…
    happy house closing! great news!!

7. Jodie says:

Those pin cushions are adorable! Please let me know if you ever post a tutorial, as I would love to put my limited sewing skills to good and challenging use!

8. Rachel S. says:

Happy closing day…or happy signing your name day! After awhile of signing my name, my signature starts looking strange and I keep thinking I mispelled it. Hope it goes by quickly and love that duvet!

9. lera says:

yay for settling. but, a word of advice, don’t practice your signature just yet. by the time you are finished signing all of the papers your wrist will be hurting. you don’t want to wear it out before you even start.

10. Beth says:

Oooh ooh, I cannot wait to see the finished duvet cover!!! Hurry hurry, but not too fast 😉
    And the pincushions are DARLING!!! Seriously, there are just way too many cute ideas floating around that I have GOT to stop myself from adding anymore! Besides, I’m still not finished making my boy a wee bunny! I’ll have to send you pics when it’s done…
    Thanks for the inspiration today, yesterday, and everyday! *B

11. Lorien says:

Wow, I’m looking forward to seeing the finished duvet. There was a Wee Wonderfuls Big Footed Bunny in my daughter’s Spring basket. Happy Day!
    Congrats on the new digs.
    Love and Light,
    Denese Hoyt
    (Get it? The Knees Hurt…wa,wa,waaaaah)

12. stickchick says:

Just gotta add my pincushion love!! A tutorial PULEEASEE!!
    Congrats on the new house (finally right?) Had to giggle that I’m not the only “adult” that would like to sign my name like that. Hehe. Title companies have no sense of humor though, just so you know. 😉

13. Stephanie says:

I’m sure you are loving your house at the very moment. I remember bringing blankets and pillows and we slept on the floor the first night because we just couldn’t stand going back to the apartment. I hope you get all settled in easily. It is such a great feeling to finally have a place to call yoru own and make your own. I can’t wait to see pictures!