hopping along

Well we did it! The big footed bunny pattern is at the printers. I’m so excited we were able to finish it up in time. If all goes well at the printer (and it kinda never does, but if it does) it should be in the shop by the end of next week! Oscar’s also pleased we’re finished because that means the bunnies are his now.

Oscarandbunnies

High off of one success I had big plans today to jump on another doll quilt for junebaby’s room but I guess I’m sort of wiped out. I got as far as making a pile and gave up.

Nextproject

32 thoughts on “hopping along

1. sara says:

I can’t wait for the bunny pattern! Oscar looks so adorable with all the bunnies. Looking forward to seeing your next doll quilt.

2. susan sobon says:

ooh i love those fabrics! do you remember where you got them? i esp. love the floral, but can never pass up a polkie dot. and you hit with two!! i would love to be able to find some polkie dot in that shade of green!

3. Monica Andrade says:

My 3 yrs old daughter saw the bunny the other day while visiting your blog, and inmediately she asked me to make one…Hurray! Can’t wait for the pattern and hopefully I’ll have ready for easter. Your son is so cute. Love his pjs too!

4. Sara says:

WOW! You’re quick!
    I also love how he looks like he’s rolling in the big footed bunnies – presumably because you’ve been testing the pattern!
    What’s a litter of bunnies called, anyhow? A clutch? A … gaggle? A hoard?

5. hillarylang says:

amber – they’re 10″ not including ears and feet. the one Oscar is holding is a bit bigger than the one that would fit in the pattern book
    susan – the floral is a thrifted sheet, the big dots are from superbuzzy.com and the little dots, hobby lobby maybe?
    elisabeth – these bunnies were made from wool, not wool felt. but I suggest in the patternbook that you use flannel or cotton if you’re a beginner sewer.
    colleen – kanga is always there. new toys come and go but kanga’s always by his side.

6. Gina says:

I can’t wait to see all the other quilts you come up with. I haven’t had good luck with a printers either. I guess if you find a good printer keep him, much like a good doctors.

7. rosie and melly says:

The bunnies are gorgeous as usual! There is nothing as rewarding as seeing the little ones we love cuddling a latest creation or tucked under a quilt made with love! Thanks for inspiring us all even with so much going on in your world!

8. Abby says:

And rightfully so on the giving up for the day!!! I don’t see how you get all these amazing things done while also growing an infant! The most I could do for a great deal of the time I was pregnant was watch lint accumulate on the carpet – so thank you, thank you for sharing your great ideas and talents in the midst of it all!

9. IamSusie says:

Sweet Junebaby isn’t going to care if you don’t have all the little quilts you intended to make for her little room right away.
    It’s a process you can enjoy over time. If you just make one every so often when you get inspired, or for events in her growing up, you’ll fill up that wall pretty quick!
    Moving is such a headache without having a new baby on the way and a darling little one underfoot too.

10. kristin says:

Frog and Toad Are Friends is my daughter Ella’s favorite – she likes “Cookies” and “Dragons and Monsters” the best!

11. Sarah says:

Sooo excited about the big-footed bunny pattern…i’ve envied them on your blog. Are we going to purchase the pattern as a pdf download? Or a hard-copy via the mail? Anxious, anxious, anxious to get going on making some. P.S. thank you for being so generous…you give us fun freebies,,inspiration with your fabulous photos…,AND give us the opportunity to create even more of our favorites with the patterns you work hard on so we can purchase—so very cool.