Georgia Grows

Here’s the first member of the Spring Stitchette group, Georgia Grows…

They say Spring is here, even in Chicago. I’ll have to take their word for it. We were in the basement all day yesterday packing and sorting. This was the first hard core packing we’ve done and I started to get pretty panicked about how much there is to do. I think I’ll go back to ignoring it for a few more weeks. Fiddle-dee-dee.

46 thoughts on “Georgia Grows

1. Biscuitbear says:

How sweet and spring-like! Spring has arrived here though it’s not too warm in the shade yet. Cherry trees are blossoming and today when my daughter comes back from school I’m going to giver her an apron and gardening set just like in your Stitchette.

2. June says:

Oh, the Spring Stitchette is so cute but all of your stitchettes are adorable.
    Packing is an atrocious job and I would rather scrub toilets than pack.

3. Diana says:

We went to the park yesterday. It looked like Spring looking at all the trees with their barely sprouting foliage. It felt more like the middle of summer with how hot it was. My son had the reddest face after playing for about 30 minutes because it was so hot here. I made him sit in drink water every so often. I guess we never really got winter in San Diego this year.

4. Sally says:

I love her, she’s so darling Hilary! Cannot wait for the next batch of Stitchettes!
    We’ve completely bypassed Spring here in So. Cal. and headed straight into Summer. Hot hot hot. I long for daffodils, irises and wonderful tissue papery Icelandic poppies.
    Packing is the all time worst chore!

5. Lisa K. says:

SO so sweet.
    RE: packing – I complained when we moved until the movers came. Can you imagine if it were your JOB to move EVERY DAY?! Not even your own stuff. God bless ’em.

6. Alisha says:

Spring is here too (Atlanta), or so it seems. I planted flowers outside yesterday with my daughter. It was so fun. We both love the first spring stitchette.

7. sally says:

I like it. The flowes are so pretty and refreshing. I know this is a little late but have you thought about doing a stitchette with a Scooter in it?

8. IamSusie says:

I’m about 30 minutes north of you and if I look very closely in my garden, I can see the first shoots of my spring bulbs. The other sign of spring I saw yesterday is the families with little kids at the park playing on the swings.

9. Colleen says:

I love the colors, so warm and sunny! The sun just began to peak out here in rainy seattle! I love it 🙂 Hope the Packing goes quickly (although it never dose) Have a good week!
    Colleen

10. kim says:

It’s my first visit to your blog and it’s beautiful. you are very takented! Georgia is gorgeous! Spring has sprung in England. Looking forward to returning to read some more.
    Kim x

11. yuna42 says:

it’s the first time I visit your blog.It’s beautiful .You make so kind little things…I’m sorry my english isn’t so good but I’ve been a long time without practice !! I’ll be back soon to see your creations !!

12. Roseanne says:

Great detail! I just noticed the crocs this morning!
    We moved six times in the first five years of marriage. I think the one good thing about packing is getting rid of stuff you don’t need, or want anymore.

13. earthchick says:

!!!!! She’s ADORABLE! I couldn’t possibly love her more. And I really love that her name is Georgia (my home state, and a name I considered for my kids, but they were both boys!).
    Great job!!