doll quilt

Well this turned out better than I expected. Oscar wouldn’t give up the work table while we were working in the craft room so I had to cut this out in my lap while sitting at the sewing machine. I love the non-fussiness of doll quilts. Embrace the wonky!

the floral fabric is from a thrifted bedspread, the big green dot from superbuzzy and the little green dot from somewhere, hobby lobby maybe? quilt is 19" x 21"

I’m heeding the excellent advice of Gretchen and crafting until the last possible moment! Time to get off the computer and tackle Oscar’s new covers.

23 thoughts on “doll quilt

1. Sara says:

Looking good.
    I got the face of a big footed bunny finished last night, and failed on about six sets of ears. I suppose I shouldn’t have picked a pseudo linen – it frays, and pulls apart when turned in such a tight space. I think I’ll use fray check and possibly an overedge stitch on those parts (it’s just the accent) when I get home tonight.
    It’s cute and paisley, but not quite so… err, shall we say, pastel. Oh well. I like it. I’ll keep ya posted.

2. kayla_d says:

I love how you kept the original floral design in order, and with the additional fabrics, it’s so much more interesting.
    This is a great example of why my father-in-law thinks we quilters are so crazy–he can’t understand why we ‘cut up fabric just to sew it back together’!

3. sally says:

I really enjoy seeing all the cute quilts you’ve created. It is so inspirational. This little girl is going to love her bedroom. Post a photo once you’ve moved and hung all the quilts.

4. kendra says:

Ha ha! Good thing I wasn’t drinking my coffee when I read this. “Embrace the wonky” is now officially my new favorite saying!
    Beautiful little quilt.

5. Colleen says:

sweet warm colors, the quilt you recived(the owl one) inspired me to make a pillow much like it, only in blue hues. Made it last night, it was good practice.

6. Maureen says:

Hi,
    Yes I want to emabrace the wonky, too! I got my big footed bunny pattern today and am ready to begin!
    Thanks,
    Maureen

7. esmerelda says:

Yay! I say embrace the wonky as well! I haven’t got a machine so I hand sew everything – and everything turns out a little wonky! Must keep practising – Big Footed Bunny pattern was ordered yesterday!

8. Sharon says:

Big footed bunny pattern arrived safe and sound today, yippee, now if i can only conjour up another couple of hours a day…..

9. Solidia says:

I received my bunny book this past Monday. That made for a good mail day! Now all I need to do is create!! That shouldn’t be too hard with three little girls underfoot.:)