a new flickr group and upcoming patterns

Hey party people. How’s it going in your neck of the woods? Supposed to be 76 here in Chicago today!
Maybe something will actually be forced to turn green.

Nicole‘s bunny
Bunny

A few more big footed bunnies have popped up so I’ve set up a flickr home for them here…

We’d love to see your bunny here if you’ve made one. I’ll have them up on the sidebar later today.

In other pattern news, one of the nearly impossible tasks I gave us before the move was to get the hand sewing patterns done so we could release them later this spring/summer. Do y’all remember turtle, snail, butterfly and birdie?

I’ve been wanting to do a hand sewing pattern for forever. No sewing machine necessary! Before we get any further with them I was hoping to get some volunteers to test them out to see how they’re shaping up. Anyone interested? Please email me (instead of leaving it in comments) if you’re game at hillarylang at gmail.com. Thanks!!

I just checked my email and wow! Thanks to everyone who emailed! I’ve got to be away from the computer the rest of the day but I’ll email y’all back tonight. thank you :)

20 thoughts on “a new flickr group and upcoming patterns

1. Maritza says:

YAY! This has just made me so ridiculously happy – I am eagerly awaiting these patterns now. They are definitely some of my favorite Hillary Lang softies. :)

2. Pamela says:

That snail is fabulous. I love to handsew, far more than machine sewing. I can’t wait for your patterns to become available :)

3. Heather says:

LOVE these little guys!!!!! can’t wait to get the chance to make them for my girls! they love little animals! thank you for sharing your incredible talent with us all!

4. emily says:

oh, hillary…hooray.
    I’m not much of a pattern gal, but I’ve actually been waiting for Mr. Snail and Mr. Butterfly to hatch into patterns forever. I think about bugging you about it all the time, but I didn’t want to be pesky…and the patience has paid off :)

5. Nicole says:

I feel like a rock star having my bunny on your blog!! LOL Thank you!!
    I am really excited for those new little patterns. I will have to brush up on my hand sewing technique!!

6. Valerie says:

I am so crazy excited about this. Your turtle that I saw when I happened across your flickr site is what converted me to weewonderfuls: the first blog i started to check regularly.

7. cindy says:

OH MY GOODNESS! That is one cute snail. I’m kind of into snails and slugs, being from the Pacific Northwest. People there could have slugs as pets, since they get almost as big as cats! :) I might have to make me one of those snails.

8. amelia says:

I am so completely excited about this new set of hand sewing patterns. I just LOVE the turtle and can’t wait toget my hands on this set!

9. LuLu says:

HUrray! I know you probably have enough volunteers but I had to tell you…I can’t wait for the patterns to come out! LOve, love, love your style!!… And if you do happen to need another volunteer seamstress just let me know. ~LuLu

10. Alison says:

I am so excited to be able to buy patterns for your little garden softies! I’m not usually a softie person, but when I saw them many months ago on your blog, it was love at first sight! They are so original and sweet. I see I am not the only one who loves them!

11. Dutchgirl says:

I them all! I would love to make the Robin and the Butterfly! I hope the patterns will be available! They are awesome. Well, back to work on Big Foot Bunny!

12. Kathy B. says:

I’m so excited! I have been hoping ever since you posted your first photos of butterfly, snail, and the robins that you would make that your next “put together” book. You have just made my day!