big footed bunny pattern?

I’m afraid my posts are going to be kinda dull these days. I just deleted a post that was a big long laundry list of things I need to get done. That’s the only way I think now, in list items. Combine that with my pregnancy brain and there’s not a lot of deep thinking going on over here. And I’m sure you don’t want to hear about the floor guy or how I set up an appointment at a new doctor. But maybe you’re interested in bunnies? As I’ve mentioned before I really want to focus on wee wonderfuls right now because soon it will be all about moving and settling in and then baby arrives and all hell will break loose. So my short term goal list is very ambitious. My latest thought was how about the Big Footed Bunny as a Put-together book? These bunnies have to be the project I get the most email about. I tried for a while to make them up to sell on the site but I’m such a detail freak that it takes me forever to sew them up. I’d love to have them manufactured some day so I could have actual toys to offer for all the non-sewers. That’s still something I’m determined to figure out. But for now, I was thinking I’d make her up for a put-together book in time for Easter (if that time frame is even possible!). I guess I’m sort of throwing it out there to gauge interest before I jump in, so what do y’all think? yay or nay for the big footed bunny?

oh and yes, dress would be included. no naked bunnies around here!

148 thoughts on “big footed bunny pattern?

1. Gillian says:

I would love to make one. I am trying to stay away from the really garish easter goodies and a bunny like this would be perfect. I already have a plan to sprout wheatgrass the in basket instead of the plastic crap and I’d love to see a wee bunny like this peaking through.

2. leilalu says:

Are you kidding? This is the kind of project I dream about.lol. I for one would love a pattern. my kids probably would love it too, since they would be the recipients.

3. Elise says:

And I would be delighted to volunteer to make a couple to test the pattern. I have a vintage linen tea towel with a gorgeous border that I picked up for $2 that would be perfect for a bunny smock.

4. Kim says:

Oh yes, please do! I just started a bunny pattern of my own (WIP but I’ll post pictures soon), but he’s fat with little round feet. I looove this bunny with the big feet…and just in time for Easter. They could be siblings with my round footed bunny….
    I love that you still have energy to do all of this WHILE being preggers and moving into a new house! Put your feet up and get some rest while you can, will you? 🙂

5. sarah says:

a big huge yay!!!! i want a bunny and if i have to make it happen, i’m all about it! but a manufactured line would be way too friggin’ cool. i’m hoping with ya.

6. Melissa says:

Maybe I’m strange but I love the clothes your bunnies wear almost more than the bunnies themselves so if clothes were included in the pattern, I’m 100% in. Even if they weren’t if you had it by easter I would buy it to make gifts for the nieces. I made freebie bunnies from your site last year and had a great time with that project! Thanks for all the wee wonderfuls fun lately!

7. Brooke says:

That is SO what I’ve always hoped you would do! These bunnies are incredibly cute and would be so much fun to make for gifts. I’ve always been so envious of the lucky purchasers!

8. Tracey says:

Nay.
    Just kidding! Like anyone is going to say no to one of those adorable bunnies. I second the motion to include a simple dress pattern, since I’m not sure I could figure it out myself.

9. Roseanne says:

Yes, Please!! I would LOVE it if you would make us a bunny pattern. I’m so glad you are willing to share all your amazing ideas.

10. Mary-Heather says:

Yes, please. But you know me, you can just feel free to keep my credit card on file and charge me for any of the fantastic patterns you make! A Wee Wonderfuls subscription plan… 😉

11. Darcel says:

Definately! I have to have the pattern for the big footed bunny.
    I have three kids who would be thrilled with them for Easter.

12. emily says:

I say Yay 🙂
    I’m excited to see what your ambitious-laundry-list holds, and hope that among other great things, it includes more little yarn-heads like the swedishy sweetie from the last post…
    xoxo,
    e

13. brandy says:

I agree with everyone. Your patterns are always so cute and easy to make – plus they are fun to look at when daydreaming.
    Thanks for suggesting to turn these into patterns. It would be a lot of fun.

14. una says:

Oh yay!!! At last! But please take heed to what Kim said. Busy times ahead demand some resources of strength. Love the idea of making your bunnies for my wee wonderfuls. Take care.

15. IamSusie says:

Hillary.. why WHY do you tempt me with these adorable projects? Half of my project queue is adorable inspirations and patterns from your blog. I’d love to make some cute spring bunnies in pretty dresses.

16. susan barker says:

certainly an interesting project, my neices have me practically on a production line making pointy kitties for their children’s rooms and I am sure that they would be very gung-ho for a bunny — besides their last name is ….. Hare !

17. raine says:

oh my god, i would LOVE that! oh and the clothes! please include some of the clothes! i’ve always wanted to buy a bunny, but they’re always sold out so quickly.

18. Lauren says:

Hi! By looking around different art blogs I found yours, your toys are really cute. I’m trying to figure out how to work my new sewing machine, so having a goal would be good, and the bunnies are adorable.
    I’d buy it!

19. Stephanie says:

BIG yes from me! Lots of bunny love coming at you. Just found out I am preggers and would love something to keep my list making mind busy as well. Good luck with your pack and move. We moved into our first home when I was pregnant with our first child, Ruby, who is now 2 1/2. Now with baby number two on the way, we are looking to find more space. God help us all.

20. Victoria says:

Definitely would buy into that – literally! My two girls would love one of these guys to be waiting for them at the end of their Easter hunt.

21. susaninfrance says:

Please do it!!! I was just looking at the one I bought from you TODAY thinking oh I wish I could make that for easter for my three kids–well perhaps for one of them…to get them out sooner you could do it like the olive and archie book and have us download the pattern? just a thought! oh you’ve made my day!

22. Dana says:

A yay for sure! They are just darling! Not sure if I’m having a boy or a girl yet–would love it you had outfits for both male and female bunnies.

23. Iona says:

Umm, definitely! Though my kids have already got your entire collection on backorder, I’d love to make these in time for Easter.
    I don’t show them the books anymore because I KNOW they will say, ‘I’d like that one. Ohh, and that one…and that one..and could you make this one…’

24. Annie says:

These are the cutest bunnies EVER. I am thinking about rabbits a lot these days, as I eat myself silly with Easter candy. I think I will paint some, and see if it works or looks too twee.

25. Marisa says:

Wow, sign me up! If you do it a week before Easter, that would be so awesome. We could populate the easter basket w/ something even your dentist will love!

26. Carol says:

Someone may have already asked, but would it be greedy to ask for some boyish clothes as an option to the dress? 3 boys in this house, but they would all love their own bunny…

27. Abbey says:

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in June and I’m hoping to still be in crazed crafting mode until Easter. I would LOVE to make these bunnies for our baby boy. (I just made him two bunnies the other day, but they could definitely use some siblings).

28. Amy says:

Yes, that would be wonderful and count me in for sure. I would like to add though, that what I’m really waiting for is the Kitty pattern. The very first time I laid eyes on Flora, Fauna, Merriwether and I believe there were some others, I was in love. I. Must. Make. One. Of. Those. Kitties. Do you know I’ve saved out an old sweater to felt for over a year in the hopes that there will be a kitty pattern? I’m just sayin…
    But bunnies would be great too 🙂

29. susan falode says:

It is a good idea for turning the bunny into patterns. It would be a lot of fun i will like to make one for my daughter she love bunny alot. The bunny really look lovely most children will love to have one.Thank for bring this idea into pattern real world.

30. holly says:

yes please….I just found your blog and I love your stuff. The bunny is adorable and I would love to make one for my one year old. Holly

31. Miss Bliss says:

Yes, yes, yes and more yes!!!!! I would love this!!! Do you think you could do it with enough time to make these adorable little ones for Easter and have time to send them???

32. Ursa says:

Yes please! YAY! I grew up with a bunny and would love to make one for my son even though he refuses everything I make for him lately. Maybe when I give up on him liking what I make, he will start loving it.

33. Alisha says:

I think a bunny put together book would be wonderful, wee wonderful! I think maybe it could be the perfect time to unhatch a little chick too. Too much maybe?

34. Angela says:

Yes, please! I am expecting my first wee darling in September and would love to make one for him/her. Oh, I hope you do this!
    Funny, just yesterday I was looking back on the page of Sold bunnies looking for names. I am a little name obsessed right now.. 🙂
    Thanks!

35. Robin says:

I love it but wonder if the arms should be a little bit bigger … they look a little stubby next to the big feet?
    Maybe it’s just me and my narrow views about rabbit arms.

36. --erica says:

Yay for the big footed bunny!
    I would love to test too if you need testers! Love your patterns, as you know 🙂
    (and just in time for easter–thank you!)

37. Maureen says:

Yes, the bunny pattern. I have 3 grand daughters waiting for them.I have wanted them since I first laid eyes on them!
    maureen

38. Mary Ann says:

Oh yes! In a minute, I need that sweet bunny, several littles arriving around here and they are the perfect gift!