wha..who? me?

no, I am most certainly not spending my oscar-free morning napping on
the couch. no sir! I’m quilting and embroidering and even knitting a
little. I’ve already done all my tax prep bookkeeping and have that
ready to go. I’ve taken many beautiful photographs of objets around the
house and did not just grab the book nearest the computer to take a

ok, yes. I’m the napper. so I haven’t got much to blog today. except maybe a new favorite game of mine. as this is the last baby I’ll be
pregnant with, I have a new favorite amusement. it goes like this… never
again will I have morning sickness! never again will I not be able to
sleep on my stomach – the only way I can sleep. never again
(hopefully!) will I stand up to undo my terribly binding pants only to
realize they’re already undone.

that’s probably not as much fun for you as it is for me so I’ll leave you with a few more things…

a beautiful new dutch design blog… bloesem
an incredibly complicated blog award nomination process that will tell
you over and over that you are indeed a robot… 2007 bloggies
a stunning new photo blog from mav and steph who document their mornings being awake3191
gorgeous mushroom dolls by tamar mogendorff…at Rose and Radish (via Oh Joy)
and the most exciting new development…Bend-the-Rules Sewing! I want to bend rules, can’t wait!

18 thoughts on “wha..who? me?

1. Carol says:

Have you ever checked if the Japanese Consulate in Chicago’s library has any of the craft books you like? They have a Japan Information Center with a lending library. It wouldn’t hurt to call and find out. I don’t remember the number, but they do have a website with their info you can Google. It’s located near the Water Tower downtown.

2. Sarah says:

Nap while you can girlie!!!
    And those rules on the Bloggie awards..made my head hurt 🙁
    PS, I’m a-goin thriftin this weekend…any advice for this newbie Chicago-ite?

3. amy k. says:

hey thanks-napper!!
    nap away, I say, because you will be able to sleep on your stomach again soon, but naps might not be so common this time next year (but I hope they are.)

4. capello says:

my husband and i were just playing that game last night. i was saying things such as “never again will i be on bedrest!” “never again will i have pee magically leak onto my panties!” “never again will i take three naps a day!” “never again will i push a human being out of my girlie bits!” and my husband said things like “never again will you buy itsy bitsy little clothes!” “never again will you have an itty bitty baby snuggled in your neck!” “never again will you get to nurse!”
    can you tell who still wants another one?

5. Penny says:

Oh, I remember that game! It’s when the baby comes that it gets really bittersweet: rocking the baby to sleep in the middle of the night, knowing that one day, you won’t do it anymore and feeling sad about that.

6. Daisy says:

Thank god I have your website to direct me to other cute websites while I’m breast feeding and can’t do much else but look at babe on my boob and a computer screen.

7. Amanda says:

I am the napper too, today. But at 36 weeks it is truly all I feel like doing.
    Tip on the pants thing – get some of those tummy tube whatchamacalits. I just got them 2 weeks ago, and they are awesome. You can unbutton your pants and they hold them up. Also, they keep your belly from hanging out of your shirt once you are huge like I am now. I wish I had bought them early on. Now it is my mission to tell all mommies about them.

8. momomimi says:

Lots of napping going here too at 32 weeks, sometimes I just have to close my eyes. Second the belly band things, they’ve been great, I can still wear some of my old tops without my tum hanging out.

9. kristin says:

that book does look beautiful and amazing.
    and as far as the napping goes – that is totally
    a good thing to blog about. 🙂 wonderful
    to read how you are keeping a positive perspective.

10. Gina says:

A lot of women enjoy being pregnant, but I’m with you. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my children but being sick, hurting all the time and going from about a 28 inch waist to yes almost 50 inches(big baby) in 9 months was not enjoyable.

11. Jen V. says:

Oh my fellow pregnant belly sleeper, I feel your pain. I have found relief, however, in a great Ikea down filled bolster pillow. Not quite as long and unwieldy as a body pillow, but great for hiking one leg over to trick myself into thinking I’m sleeping on my belly. Apparently I am easily fooled :).

12. leslie says:

i even had my husband swear he would remind me if i EVER wanted another baby how completely miserable i was, i had heartburn so bad with my second, i had to eat tums nonstop and eventually got prescription strength antacid. i was anemic and chomping ice, i remember telling him to remind me!!! 🙂 i am done for sure.