plastic fruit lady

Here’s my latest acquistion, a bag full of plastic raspberries. How do I end up with these things? Oh yeah, they’re in my hand when
Oscar starts pitching a fit and in my rush to evacuate I end up buying them. I was compelled to pick these up because they were pink and shiny and now I’ve brought them home and
have absolutely no idea what to do with them. Any ideas?

78 thoughts on “plastic fruit lady

1. rfg says:

I think they’d make a great “handle” to pick up the lid on a little box. Should you ever have or make such a thing… They are extremely sweet in any event.

2. hannah says:

ah yes, the in the hand purchase. i know it well. the first thing i thought of was eireann’s sweet berry baubles that she puts on the zippers of her little pouches. they sure are pretty, just piled right there.

3. Sandi says:

OH, I Love them!
    Here is what I would do..You know those holiday wreaths made entirely out of cranberries? I would do a summery one out of raspberries. Maybe some lemon thrown in there if you’ve got it!

4. Candlestring says:

How mommy of you ^U^.
    How about something for Valentine’s Day? Like a topiary or a wreath of a heart covered in raspberries and ribbons and ribbon leaves… Just buy a foam heart-shaped wreath form, wrap it in pink or red or green ribbon, and get out that glue gun!

5. Jos says:

how about using the berry part for a body and attaching a little wooden head, and taking the stem and the leaf from the top and making it a little hat for tiny berry-girl dolls. after that i have no idea what to actually do them them. maybe then a mobile?
    or get an clear glass lamp and put them in the bottom, or but them in a canning jar and sit them in the kitchen?

6. martha in mobile says:

Lordy, what creative ideas! At my house, they would become cat toys and then transmute into the nuclei of dust bunnies once the cat hid them under the sofa.

7. Amanda says:

I vote for a mini-wreath. Start with a styrofoam form, wrap in raspberry or leaf colored ribbon and add raspberries. I think it would be very jewel-like and really accentuate the shiny pinkness of the berries.
    Lovely on the door of a nursery, too!

8. Pip says:

This is way off topic, but I’ve been looking for a good online wool source and it occurred to me that you may know a good one. I’m looking for both wool felt, as well as Herringbone wool fabric.
    Any help would be appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. Dawn Castro says:

Okay now I want some of those berries!! Normal people, like my mom, would put them in a little bowl and set them out for decoration!! But why be noraml I say!! You could send them to me!! they would be wonderful here in my house!! I think your best bet is to make a wreath!! can’t wait to see what you come up with!!

10. carol says:

hmmm- maybe make a birthday crown with them!?
    just saw over at “angry chicken” it’s your birthday tomorrow! have a fun day! (I remember from last year that you and I have bdays close together)

11. Strikkelise says:

Use them for a treasure hunt at a (kids?) party. Hide them anywhere, like behind the soap in the bathroom, under the sofa, on the windowsill, behind the door. Anyone who finds the most berries, gets the p.r.i.z.e. (I don’t know what the prize is, you figure it out). Suppose one needs to vacuum before asking people to look behind the furniture.
    Or you could just throw them about on a party table (a little off season now probably)

12. Cristina says:

In my holiday spending hangover I was about to suggest you go back to the store and ask for a refund, but then I read Strikkelise’s berry-hunt idea; now I want a bag of my own.

13. Ann Cruzen says:

Heres an idea to have them out to enjoy (while you are still thinking of options):
    Find two clear glass containers, one bigger than the other with the smaller one able to fit inside ( a clean jelly jar would be perfect here). Put a lovely Raspberry scented votive in the small jar and set them inside of the larger jar. Fill in the space between the smaller jar and the larger with your little faux berries.
    Then place in a nice spot, safely away from kids ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Amy says:

Oh, the loveliness…
    At my house they would get left in the bag and dropped onto the stack of things on my desk which never seems to clear, and then occasionally I would pick up the bag and say, “I wonder what’s in here,” and then I would open the bag and say, “Oh, oh, oh… it’s my sweet little berries!!” And I would get butterflies in my stomach because I just love them oh-so-much, and I would think for a while of all the things I could do with them, and then they would go back on the desk to repeat the cycle.
    Just a suggestion. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Happy birthday… hope you have the best!

15. Lisa K. says:

I love all the ideas almost as much as I LOVE the raspberries. How pretty.
    Amy’s little scenario about rediscovering them over and over made me laugh and reminded me of an A.A. Milne quotation: One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.

16. Kathy says:

All the suggestions above are great – but why not GLITTER them just to add to whatever you do (ok – glitter them for the wreath or topiary ideas…not the buttons)

17. Bettsi says:

They are really lovely and I like what Amy and Lisa K. said about re-discovery! I think you have lots of ideas here and they are all good. I will probably not be near a computer tomorrow so I have to take the opportunity today to say:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
    You are the nicest plastic fruit lady I have ever known!

18. Elisabeth says:

It would be really cute to make a summery doll and get a mini basket and have her holding a little basket of raspberries, like she was out picking them?
    Of course that would only get rid of a small number of them!
    E

19. Daisy says:

Start early on next Christmas, and make a fruit themed Christmas tree with raspberry garland! Perfect for the new baby room!

20. Barbara C. says:

Two ideas, three actually.
    1) Keep them away from little ones who might think they are for eating.
    2) Put some tiny Christmas lights in a big jar and then pour these in–an Easter thing?
    3) Get a branch, spray it whitish, string the beads on for a Spring Tree.
    Barbara

21. Lyn says:

I suggest that you create a tart that you can have on display in your kitchen. I always love to have something pretty on display in my kitchen – and a lovely tart on a beautiful pedestal would be pretty!

22. Flannery says:

They look so good in a cluster, I wonder if a few would work in a fabric flower? Or a garland (like your snoflake garland) with an opaque pearl between each one? You could display them in a tall, clear cylindar. Or a mini-wreath like the button wreaths, only with the raspberries. I didn’t read every post before mine so some of these might be duplicate ideas.
    Have a wonderful birthday! Thank you for your site, I enjoy it so much.

23. Art Tea Life says:

YES ! They are delightful !
    A mini wreath (stick them on pins in a styro wreath?)
    all sewn / glued to the top of a box?
    sweet little pins to wear with a few clumped together w/ a vintage picture
    a basket full of them for one of your dolls to hold
    oh ! I like this one ! sewn to the corners of a hankie to put over the cream for tea
    and that led me to…sewing them on the cuffs of a shirt? would they wash ? or the pocket ? spilling out ? with a hankie kind of sticking out too ?
    EARRINGS – laughing ! for wearing when you go to play BINGO !
    oh – make a doll and sew them all to her head ! I love that idea the best too !
    Need more ? I seem to be unstoppable here !
    Just ask ! or don’t encourage me ! maybe that is best.
    Love, S.

24. twirlgirl says:

They would make a darling wrist corsage for a spring tea party. Or decorating a knitted tea cosy in a sweet apple green yarn… I love them! Great blog, very inspiring.

25. Kirsten says:

I think they would be really neat strung on invisible fishing line and made into a mobile to hang in front of a window, maybe with some other small fake fruit.
    Happy Birthday ๐Ÿ˜€

26. kelly says:

I’m sure you are sick of people asking, but do you remember at all were you found though plastic raspberries, I have seen them now, and unfortunately I now need them. If you could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advace, Kelly