We’ve got some new covers in the house! The coveree is still many months away but I couldn’t help myself.
How is it that the projects that seem so simple in your mind turn out to be so tricky. I found that fabric, had a color scheme in mind and then thought oh some farm animals would be cute. I’d applique a few farmy silhouettes on the background and call it a day. But then the tricky started. The fabric was too busy to be a background. And the animal shapes were harder than I thought. The sheep was way too big and the chicken not roundy enough. So I just went with the pig and
chicks. Simple, better. But then I saw this photo and wanted to do a barn too. After I had the barn I thought it needed to be outlined so there was lots of bias trim made in all sorts of wrong fabrics until I decided to go with twill tape. Now here it is done and out-of-the-dryer-crinkled and I
love it. See, easy peasy. ha.
I’ve been trying for two days to get some decent photos to share. There is no sun anywhere in the 10 day forecast so guess this is the best it’s going to get.
The yellow dot chick fabric is leftover from Oscar’s bedding. I made his bedskirt out of so now I don’t have to make another of those! And the sheets I made for his crib were all in this yellow family so I can still use those and am pleased as punch as I hate making fitted crib sheets.
So we’re all set. Of course, who knows. I’m so certain it’s a boy but if it does turn out to be a girl maybe I’ll have a fit of the pinkies and chuck the whole thing.