in with the new

It’s a classic tale heard time and time again – sick through the
holidays, days off spent desperately trying to find the right combo of medicine that will get the family through a killer cold and then feeling better just in time to go back to
work. But you know what, I can’t even be sad about it all because I’ve felt so good the past few days! The morning sickness is gone, the cold I
caught the day my morning sickness subsided is gone, and
I feel like a million bucks. It might be because the smell of coffee no longer makes me sick and my one little coffee (more like coffee flavored milk) treat a day is making me so happy.

I’m
feeling creative again like I haven’t in months and thank god. I was
trying to go with the flow, let myself relax and know things would
become interesting to me again in time. But under all that trying
desperately to be zen was a lot of anxiety that I had permanently lost any ounce of creative energy I’d ever had. It feels so good to have projects I’m itching to work on once again. This is one I’m hoping to tackle tonight… fabric for a new baby quilt.

Happy new year!

38 thoughts on “in with the new

1. Nancy says:

those fabrics are nice. take your time. glad you are feeling better.
    (i put pressure on myself too – it is hard to relax….)

2. Amanda says:

Glad you are feeling better! Enjoy the 2nd trimester – I had forgotten about how badly the very end of the 3rd trimester can suck until it hit me last week! Now I have tons I WANT to do, but no energy to do it with.

3. heather s says:

What a great first-project-of-the-year.
    When you’re not feeling creative just remember – you are actually creating 24-7 right now!

4. gleek says:

glad to hear you’re feeling better! the same thing happened to me when i got pregnant. it’s like my immune system totally shut down and i got a cold AND an infection during all the morning sickness 🙁 i couldn’t knit for a solid month. but then it all came back!
    that’s gonna be a great quilt. i love that patterned fabric on the right.

5. Shannon says:

oh horraaayyyy! so glad you are over the hump. Enjoy your second trimester honeymoon! we also got the xmas cold and are battling it back into submission. I am so happy the holidays are over and I can focus on me for a change!
    happy new year
    shannon

6. Amy says:

Love the choice of fabric.
    And I have no concerns WHATSOEVER that you will ever totally lose your crafty mojo. Fear not… it’s simply a part of you. And you are beyond excellent at it.

7. Ang says:

Hi, I’ve never actually posted on here, but felt an affinity. Glad you’re over the morning sickness, I didn’t eat for three months. But had a fantastic 2nd trimester, also enjoying my very milky coffee, enjoy. I’m into the third, and feeling good, but very uncomfortable, this baby feels huge!!
    Anyway Happy New Year.

8. Kari says:

So glad to hear you’re feeling better! The smell of coffee always perks me up, I love it! LOL
    Can’t wait to see the new quilt, that floral is adorable!

9. Christina says:

Love the fabric! Can’t wait to see the finished product.
    Glad the morning sickness is gone. and that the new year is starting out well for you.
    Have a beautiful day,
    Christina

10. Sue says:

great fabric. The flowered material is very similar (or is it exactly a perfect match?) to the fabric that angry chicken posted today…..creative minds think alike.

11. Lori says:

I’m so glad your morning sickness appears to be over! I know how good that coffee is… I couldn’t give up the coffee/milk while I was pregnant this past summer. Good luck with creative pursuits in 2007… you inspire me.
    Lori

12. Daphne says:

woohoo! I am beginning to think the whole world was under a cloak of ICK for the past three months. (I’m sure there were a few escapees but man oh man, not many.)
    welcome back to the world. I can’t wait to see what you do with that fabric!

13. Kim says:

God, I know, you get so unmotivated that you’re not even motivated to be motivated again someday. But I sure like this second trimester thing, staying up till 10-11pm sometimes even! And sewing! And cleaning up after myself!
    I have that fabric too, in red. Let’s NEST!

14. Heidi says:

So glad you are feeling better! It’s hard to be creative when your tummy isn’t happy. *love* the quilt fabric. Did you get it online? Or brick and morter?

15. Lily says:

Oh no! You too? I know how you feel – and I’m not pregnant!
    Let’s hope that one small coffee and your new-found energy keep you going and you get some new projects underway 🙂

16. sarahjane says:

why does coffee have to become so disgusting in the beginning of pregnancy? well, for me it lasted the entire pregnancy, but the craving came back just as soon as the baby came out, thank heavens.