hello cold

Isn’t it always the case that right after a bout of productivity one is slammed down with a cold. So frustrating. All the Langs are home sick today. Oscar’s been absorbed by Noggin, Tim’s being a good husband and off to the store for supplies and I’m being a lazy bum and reading magazines with a kleenex shoved up my nose. When I get better…

I’m going to knit this matinee coat from a vintage knitting magazine

and make this bambi for the baby

make some nursery decisions

and find a big boy bed for boxcar.

31 thoughts on “hello cold

1. Gina says:

Hope your feeling better soon. We just went thru sharing our cold here too.
    I love the posters on the wall in the last picture and the shape of that bed is awesome! We just sold my son’s bunkbed because it took up WAY to much space for such a small room. Wonder who makes it or what style it’s called?

2. ginny says:

the list goes on and on. isnt that the way it always is when you have a cold or are sick. you cant go anywhere so you feel like you should be getting things done around the house but alas dreaming of the things to come will have to do for now…. hope you feel better soon!

3. earthchick says:

Oh, such sweet stuff.
    We’ve been laid low by colds at our house too. (Everyone else got better soon – lucky me, mine turned into bronchitis and sinusitis.) Hope you feel better soon!

4. stickchick says:

Hope all are feeling better soon. This year has certainly been the year of butt kickin’ colds/flu huh?
    Love all the photos, the deer and sweater evoked an outloud Awwwww which got a strange look from Hubbo. LOVE the deer, awwww!!

5. June says:

Hopefully, everyone at your house will be back in good health.
    I love all your plans…so many exciting things happening in your life!

6. Samantha says:

Feel better! We have a house full of colds here too. The baby is the most miserable…poor thing.
    You need to add “learn to smock” to your list if you don’t already know how. Sweet baby girls must have smocking! And there are such fun modern interpretations these days, although I still prefer the classic smocked bishop on babies. My 7 year old, on the other hand–must kick it up a notch for her!
    Have fun with your magazines! 🙂

7. jane says:

Ikea has a great bed that is made from imitation beadboard? It’s like the cutest little nest, it is like a daybed with three sides and then the fourth is open to the room. I am not finding it on their website but my friends just bought it for their 3 year old last week. He loves it.
    It had like literally 4 thousand pieces though. But the best part is it has two deep toy storage drawers under it.
    Ok and I love the matinee jacket. Love love love.

8. Katrina says:

Hi,
    I’ve made that sweater for a charity layette set, it is pretty straight forward and quick to make. Hope all the Langs have a swift recovery.

9. Amy says:

OMG! Costco has the best price ($240.00) for a SHIP bed!! It looks just like a silboat. we are SOOOO getting it for our son but I thought you’d wanna know 😉

10. Jenn says:

colds are going around here as well. so yucky. hope you are feeling better soon. I made one of those deers and it was smaller than I thought. when I made the next one I doubled the size. I love the color of that big boy bed.

11. kirsten says:

Oh that sweater is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulation on the new little sweetheart that will be entering your lives soon! We are expecting our first little bambino in about EIGHT WEEKS!! Go visit my blog when you have a second and see the amazing 3D photos we just had done!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

12. susan says:

Very lovely little jacket. Like the edging. I’ve got some lemon wool to make a little jacket (probably in moss stitch), but my little one is 3 mths already so if I don’t get on quickly it will be too late!

13. Kirie says:

I love the sweater and and the bambi. I have almost the same sweater, knit perhaps from a similar vintage catalog sometime in the 1970s. My grandmother started to make it for someone (maybe a future grandchild), but never finished. My mom found it, finished it, and gave it to our youngest daughter a few days after she was born in September this past year. I wrote about it this morning–see my post, if you’re interested. Thanks, and congratulations!!