Welcome Christmas, Come this Way!

Here’s the Whoville tree! It was a beautiful, slim, vintage looking tree when we first put it up and then it just sort of flopped, not that flopping is bad, but it was very uneven flopping. I like to complain about how wonky it is and how it’s already losing all its needles but Tim becomes very emotionally attached to the tree. It’s the Charlie Brown in him. He says this tree was just special and had extra needles to begin with. ok!

And since you’ve stopped by for a visit, I’ll subject you to the same treatment as all visitors to the house… you have to sit through me pointing out every ornament on the tree. And I’m not even going to put them behind the cut, that’s how pushy I am!

An Oscar favorite (you can tell because it’s been rehung over a light!)

tinsel wreath making its debut this year

also debuting, a reproduction vintage diorama ornament. I always loved these as a kid. Now I have my own!

our new Rudolf

skiing in the buffet

Oscar’s 2006 ornament

where the tiny people in the tree live

someone else’s xmas memories appropriated (ornament from this summer’s garage sales)

snowman from Tim many christmases ago

cozy cherry mittens

and what are the holidays without a trip to hazel? our newest addition, these beautiful glittered bells!

ornament from Grandma Ev’s collection

German angels from Grandma Mary

and finally, favorite ornament ever

And just in case you thought I was done with you, some more ornaments from last year.

I think I promised new kitchen tree pics but it’s virtually unchanged so here it is from last year. Still very pleased with the dishtowel garland and these retro ad ornaments held up well. The candy ornaments from MS Kids did not make it unfortunately. But it’s for the best since Oscar was trying to eat the broken pieces right out of the box.

Thanks for stopping by!

27 thoughts on “Welcome Christmas, Come this Way!

1. Alexis says:

I also loved those diorama bulbs. Secret places! Magic! The snow glitter on yours makes the grown up me wary, though. Ours always come off no matter how gingerly they were packed in tissue, leaving sad bald patches.

2. Emy Flint says:

I tried to let my 2 year old son pick out an ornament. “I want the pig, mommy,” he said. I looked and the pig was a ballerina! No. Sorry. I had to pick out a spongebob ornament and walk away quickly. Looks like you lucked out with the car!
    Cute ornaments. I received the robot booklet. Thanks so much! Its soooo cute.

3. Lotta says:

So happy to find another real tree lover! It’s not Christmas if I’m not hoovering up needles!
    So hard to choose, but I must say I love the bells! And the baby ornament of course. Don’t you just melt looking at their little scrunched up face!

4. meg says:

i love your slightly askew tree and love looking at other people’s cool ornament collections. especially the straw doll. my mom used to make those.

5. becky says:

Do you think the little motorcycle/side-car has monkeys? or are they just weird looking people? I have that one on my “scooter tree” which is a small vintage white tinsel tree that I decorate with a specific set of small glass balls and scooter (or motorcycle) related ornaments (including some diorama ones that my fabulous pal Tracy made.

6. JoAnn says:

Thank you for sharing your tree and your special ornaments. Sorry I’m late with congratulations on your news of a new wee one due next year….but truly congratulations to you, Tim and Oscar.

7. Maribel says:

Oh! I love all of them!! So cute and original.
    I had finally receive the put-together book 2 yesterday.
    The instructions are very clear and the design is very nice. Étienne love the Spaceboy! :o)
    Marie-France (Qc, Canada)

8. Mae says:

I too always loved those magical “diorama” ornaments. I remember peering in closely and feeling that there was a secret world in there. Thanks for sharing!

9. Emily says:

Oh, won’t you tell us about the ski lift again? Where’d you put it this year? I’ve thought about it maybe 3 or so times over the year which means I thought it was REALLY cute. aww. 😀 emily

10. Daphne says:

oh yes. Those are some of my xmas memories appropriated with that there corn-husk doll ornament. They were never favorites but still–they were dolls. And now, they’re memories. :)

11. Rosa says:

Your tree is like ours, just chock full of goodies! We have the little tin motor bike with side car too. It was given to us when the hub turned 40 and wanted to get a harley. Guess that’s supposed to me riding shotgun! hehe. Hope you had a merry merry!