Jingle Bell Buns

I finally got around to my painting project. I started out painting in the sinkhole but after dropping wet paint heads on my shirt twice Tim ordered me out of the couch and to the table. pah, sitting up. overrated if you ask me. I love the painted wood German Christmas ornaments so much and wanted to try to make a little something like that for the tree this year. So I went to Michaels and got some round doll heads and candle cups from their painted wood stuff aisle and this is what I came up with. I painted some jingle bells for buns and hot glue gunned the pieces together.

I tied string through the back of the bell buns and they hang on the tree okay. They lean forward a little but if they’re hung up high it works. Looks like they’re looking down at you. I need to take some photos of the rest of our wonky Whoville tree today. First I’ll have to clean up the clutter so I can take a full tree shot and you can see it’s crookedness in its full glory!

78 thoughts on “Jingle Bell Buns

1. capello says:

when my husband gets home from work tonight, i’m leaving him with the sick children and going to go get supplies.
    imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. right?

2. laurie says:

i love it! and i think it’s great that you’re doing something for – you – because you’ve been crazy busy for like, a year, right? not that i don’t love all of the things that you make for us, don’t get me wrong. 😉
    p.s. all of this coming to you from my sinkhole.

3. Sonja says:

Ahhh… excellent!
    Isn’t hot glue gun an awkward thing to turn into a verb (should it be “hot glued” or “hot glue gunned” or “hot glue shot”)?!!

4. Katherine says:

Those are ADORABLE, I love them! What with living in a dorm and not having big Christmas traditions at home, I don’t foresee having a tree to put much time into for these next few years…but I’ve been collecting all these great ideas for personalized ornaments and such. I think if for whatever reason, my computer got wiped, losing the folder where I save all those ideas/all my bookmarks to posts like yours would be the most devastating. 😛

5. myra says:

Love them so much! I was going to do something similar except with the candle cups face up. It never occurred to me to use them upside down. And the jingle bell buns – genius!

6. Gina says:

Now those are cute!!!
    And congrats on the new little bundle in the oven. I bet your crafty ideas are brewing in the baby department.
    Hope your feeling better, soon none the less.

7. tania says:

ohmygod!!!
    i just saw the comment above mine-
    PREGNANT!!!!!!!
    congratulations! man, you snooze you lose around here! now to go back and read all about it-
    I am so happy for you!
    xox

8. Cristina says:

Totally Cindy-Lou Who! Those are truly wonderful and they’re saying “baby girl” to me (though I too think two boys are fun). Congratulations and thanks for PTB#2, spaceboy is done and I’m working on the robot.

9. amy k. says:

I know I shouldn’t swear in a blog comment, but the f-word is coming out loud and strong. sweet baby lord, I CAN’T restrain myself. this are so good, sooooooooo good, so good!
    this is what you do when you still feel sick? good god woman!

10. Laura says:

You inspire me to go out and try things after all the time I spend just looking at the cute pictures. Keep it up! They are adorable!

11. chicadecanela says:

Wow, i love them! Everybody´s painting little wooden girls: Posey has some adorable Lucias! And i have my little princesses 😉 But yours are simply lovely!
    And congratulations on your pregnancy: i´ve just found out! So good!