Spaceboy & Robot

Why do robots have to be so hard? All cold and metal and beepy. And ever tried to cuddle up to a plastic Buzz Lightyear for a napper? We think space toys should be squishy and lovable and wrapped up under the tree this year. Put-together Book #2 Spaceboy and Robot is in the shop now for the low low, stocking stuffing price of only $10!

12 page booklet includes full size pattern pieces, complete instructions and 6 additional control panel embellishment options (embroidered for babies and bedazzled for older kids).

35 thoughts on “Spaceboy & Robot

1. amisha says:

the books look fantastic! i love the fabrics on both of them. and the epaulets now make total, crystal-clear sense… i am blaming my earlier confusion on the cold meds! :) can’t wait to make a robot next.

2. joy says:

hi hillary, i am putting these on my christmas list!! I want to adapt mine to look like a space girl with crazy pinks and reds.
    thanks again for sharing your creativity with us!!!

3. Heather Bailey says:

Hillary, not only are your designs fantastic, but the pattern covers are as well. You’ve been working hard and it shows. The patterns themselves would make great presents for sewing mamas.

4. Jenn says:

I love the look of the books! they are just so great. spaceboy is still a big favorite around here. CJ was pretty sad when he couldn’t come in the bath so maybe I will have to make a bathable one! as I told you before, it is so great to see something to make for boys. big and little. my hubby has one on his desk now!

5. Morgan says:

Henry, my 18-month old, just pulled himself up to the computer, pointed at the robot & said “WHOA!!!” then he started to sign “more, more”. Yes, that means I just purchased the pattern.
    The question should not be “Why do robots have to be so hard?” it should be “Why do these robots have to be so stinking cute?”

6. mary b says:

So happy…I missed the first printing with your first book and wanted to make sure it wouldn’t happen this time. The spaceboy will be my nephew’s Xmas gift. He loved his bear from the first pattern book.

7. Amy says:

By the way, I see you got one of your ornaments made for your own tree. So cute. I saw your issue (yes, “your” issue!) of Cutting Edge at the store today and grabbed it up to flip to your article right there in the aisle, with my ice cream melting. Ah, the sacrifices we make. It looked great.

8. Amber says:

I have had a wee wonderful day! This morning I ordered the Spaceboy and Robot pattern. Then I went to the store and bought the cutting edge magazine that your in how cool is that. And when I got home your embroidery patters were in the mail!
    Wee! What a wonderful day!

9. Vicki says:

Absolutely cannot wait to get Robot/Spaceboy in the mail! What a cool giftee this will make, in girly colors or course, for the sweetest granddaughter of all!