shop news

Ok, as always, the holiday deadlines have taken me totally by surprise.
Time just seems to evaporate between Halloween and the New Year.
Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away and I’ve committed myself to
making a pie. a pie! it’s going to take me at least 2 weeks to figure
that one out. Speaking of lofty goals, I had many of them for this
holiday season for the wee wonderfuls shop. Tim and I made like elves
in the workshop this weekend and this is what we’ve come up with.

Put-together Books:
Who’s feeling roboty?! Put-together Book Number 2, Spaceboy and Robot
is thiiiis close to being sent off to the printers. With a big fat rush
on it, it should be here in plenty of time for gift giving and making!
Actually, the only thing holding us back right now is the need for a
little quality assurance. Here’s my desperate plea for guinea pigs once
again. Any detail-oriented, space toy fans with some free sewing time
tomorrow out there want to give the patterns a test drive for me? I can
offer bribes of w.w. stuff, fabric, buttons, etc. Shoot me an email at
hillarylang at gmail dot com if you’re interested.
Thanks!

Stitchettes:
So the Winter edition of Stitchettes won’t be available until after the
holidays, but I do have some Stitchette plans for before the holidays.
First, for the free downloads section, there will be a few holiday
embroidery patterns that you can print out and trace with your own iron
on transfer pencil, maybe for stockings or ornaments or assorted
christmas craftiness. And Second, we’re going to reissue the sold out
first edition of the Stitchettes. The girls are a little off-season but
they’re often asked after and I’d like to give people the opportunity
to have the whole set if they’d like.

Make-a-long:
The freebie sleeping bags are next on my list! They’ll be in the email
soon. Well maybe not tomorrow soon, but definitely in time for holiday
gift making soon. The next chapter in our exciting tale will be out after the new year.

Cards:
You know all that Christmas pattern card business? Yeah, that’s not going to happen. Just not enough holiday-preparation hours in the day. Even though I have promised myself a very short to-do list this holiday season I still have lots of time consuming projects I need to save time for… cookie eating, sudoku solving, christmas movie watching, etc.

36 thoughts on “shop news

1. Milly says:

That’s great news. When will the new “old Stitchettes” be available ? Thank you, i’m so pleased. Can’t wait to get them and get stitching!

2. Kate says:

Oh, Sudoku is my newest obsession! Specifically, the Samurai Sudoku. Have you seen those? I get one in every Sunday paper and spend all week working on it. I can’t solve them and it’s driving me crazy!!!

3. Jenn says:

I would love to review the new patterns. I am sure you have already been swamped with offers but if you still need anyone I would be very pleased to help out!

4. capello says:

I absolutely CAN NOT WAIT for Space Boy and Robot. I have three little boys I want to make them for.
    Of course, not making a softie yet — that doesn’t mean anything, right? I mean, all those pin cushions I made count for something, right? RIGHT?

5. laurie says:

hi hillary, those close-up shots look great! i get a lot of help from my husband too and was just thinking how fun (and funny) it is that we’ve completely sucked them into our crafty worlds. 😉
    and a big congrats on the shop update — your miles ahead of me!

6. Jenny says:

Okay, three words…”Pilsbury refrigerated piecrust” (or is that supposed to be four?) Try it! And, as always, your patterns and make-alongs are great..can’t wait for the robots!

7. Kylee says:

I’m in for Put-Together Book #2, Yahhh. I personally love anything Robot’s & I’m a grown adult 🙂 As for you pie commitment, I committed myself to a corn casserole dish for my little one’s thanksgiving party, here’s hoping it tastes good on the day 🙂

8. PinkPoppies says:

Hooray — I am so happy to hear about the reprint of Stitchettes Numero Uno. And the Put Together numero dos!!! Wheeee from Canada!

9. Jo Ann says:

Any chance the stickers you made for the envelopes of the summer stitchettes will be available for purchase? I would love to use them on all of my snail mail.

10. Erica says:

The trick to good pie crust is making sure that you use very, very cold water. Ice water. In drips and drabs, not all at once. And although you CAN make it in a food processor, if you’re only signed up for one pie, I’d recommend doing it by hand. The processor mixes the dough too quickly, and then it gets gummy, and nobody likes gummy pie.

11. Sally says:

Yeah! I’m so excited!
    I nearly cried when I missed out on The Stitchettes, so I’m jumping up and down over here. Oh boy! 🙂
    And I never dreamed we’d get to have a pattern for your darling spaceboy and robot. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!
    Today is a very good day! 🙂

12. Katrina says:

I missed the Stitchettes the first time around, so I am psyched that they’ll be back tomorrow.
    You might want to try an ice box pie for your Thanksgiving commitment. I know an ice box pie isn’t traditional, but does it need to be. A good book on them is Icebox Pies by Lauren Chattman, try your local library if you do not want to purchase a copy.
    Ta-ta, have a pleasant day.

13. Jennifer Engstrom says:

YAY!!! I have been so sad that I don’t have the summer stitchettes! Must put on Christmas list!
    Ditto on the really really cold ice water for from-scratch pie crust. Joy of Cooking has a great pie crust/pie section. Check it out if you own it or can borrow it.

14. Michelle says:

Okay, trying to figure out what you have pictured here… the beading and embroidery are beautiful. Are they part of a table runner? Ornaments? Really fancy coasters…(although, how that would work with the beads I have no idea)? Anyway, they’re very pretty and look sort of edible. Like those silver dragees, you know?

15. marianne says:

You are amazingly talented! Loved your article in the latest Cutting Edge mag. Review your blog just for the creative energy it gives!

16. laeroport says:

Yea! I was wanting to make robots for my 3 nephews and son this Christmas and didn’t really relish the idea of figuring out a pattern on my own. You have saved me hours of cursing and ripping, I am sure! Thank you, Hillary!

17. Urska says:

Can’t wait for a Put-Together Book #2. It will be a perfect gift. Now I’ll be checking your shop like crazy to not miss it. Good luck on the pie. I suggest to check the Kraft Foods website as they have easy delicious recipes. My fav is pumpkin choco chip bunt cake.

18. Shannon says:

OOOO! looking forward to put together book 2. Any chance of hobbibot appearing in a future book? As a mom with 2 boys, we love robots!