I’ve had the idea for this doll forever and then had her half finished for another forever. Feels so good to have her done finally. Shoeless, but done.
Back when I was tearing strips for this rag knitting project I had the idea that it would make pretty cool doll hair. I really like how it turned out. Kind of primitive raggedy ann-ish but at the same time, still more polished. She needs a little beret I think. She has beret hair.
The book I was showing yesterday is a Japanese book on embroidery that had some smocking projects in it. I thought I’d smock her dress up all fancy. First time out with smocking and I thought it’d all be made clear after looking at a few diagrams with Japanese explanations. So, yeah, not so much. I had to get out my Guide to Needlework and try the simpliest smocking pattern they had and still.. so hard! I think I’m going to have to actually read the directions or something. piffle.
Oh and about the dress fabric. I’m stumped. I think I got it at a quilt shop in Wisconsin this Summer. I emailed them to see if they had any info on it. I only got a 1/4 yard and it didn’t catch any of the selvedge info. I’ll post here if I figure it out. I’d like to get more of it myself. Why do I get all cheap at the fabric store and only get quarters!