at long last

Tim and I have been searching for the perfect tree topper for years now. We’ve finally found it, the last piece of the puzzle. Last year we found the perfect garland and, a little late in the season, the perfect lights.

I’m starting to pile up my Christmas projects. I’m trying not to be too ambitious. I thought a little tree skirt for the kitchen tree would be easy enough. Here’s the superbuzzy fabric I picked out for it.

27 thoughts on “at long last

1. Eden says:

Same here w/ the topper. We got one like yours and it won’t stay on the treetop (won’t grab & topheavy). I’ve been looking ten years now and still just top the tree w/ a multi-looped bow (secured w/ a discreet bobbypin).

2. Gina says:

It’s nice to see I’m not the only one in the early Christmas thingy. I’m hoping that after I get it out of my system, I will have time to snuggle up and try my hand at that quilt I’ve been thinking about for a LONG time.
    I love the little elf beside your darling tree topper.

3. amy k. says:

nice topper!!
    I made a tree skirt long ago and am so happy I made it. every year I take it out I am surprised I actually took the time to make it- yours will be amazing and that fabric you choose is awesome and will look so good! will you do a kitchen theme this year on the tree? perfect for that!
    and I dig the lights!

4. Julia says:

Oh my gosh, that kitchen tree skirt is going to be so adorable! How cool that you found neat, vintage, red and green fabric for it! I love the Christmas talk at Wee Wonderfuls.

5. Julie says:

I just wanted to say that I just received my issue of Cutting Edge Mag in the mail and was so happy that they featured you & your designs! I love the pattern for the adorable ornaments and the article was great too.

6. Beth says:

Love the tree topper. Where ever did you find that? I finally went with what I had growing up.. a gold gawdy angel with light up halo and wings…LOL Emma just loves it. I think this year we will have two trees since I have two 6 ft by 6 ft windows. The one we have now and then I want a white tree…now if I can only find one.

7. koria says:

Does the little elf have Aarikka written in the bottom? Just curious. I’m just a common lurker, I’ve seen your blog’s address on SO MANY blogs’ link lists… Keep up the good work ^-^
    -koria.

8. Kimberly says:

Oh I live in Germany and thought it would be easy to find a really cool star for the top of our tree but that hasn’t happened in the 12 years I’ve lived here. I’m still looking for the perfect tree topper. I love yours.

9. Sharon says:

I love that one! We too are on an annual quest for the perfect tree topper! Ok, so it’s justme on the quest. My hubby is just happy to have any old thing up there.

10. Sara says:

I love your Christmassy thoughts lately! But I have to admit (and please take no offense) … the lack of punched holes in the one leg of that star is driving the OCD side of me up the freaking wall. Absolutely not your fault.
    Otherwise, I lurv the tinsel. For some reason, Christmas is the only only only time I actually like to mix silver and gold. *squee*