Friday already?

Man, oh man. This week has been a blur. I had the best intentions for posting every day this week and stuff just kept getting in the way. Dark & dreary weather not good for photo taking… errands errands errands… outings… and geesh, worst distractor of all lately – the internet! So many hot button issues popping up everywhere. I jump up from my sewing machine every five minutes, go to the computer and start writing a post on copyright and fair use and then I think, oh, no, this needs to be carefully written, don’t have the time, etc and back to the sewing machine I go. Five minutes later, whole routine all over again. All these real life distractions. I don’t know what I’m thinking. I’ve even been reading the news for chrissakes. I’ve seen my to do list. I know this is high season for over the top freak craftiness. I gotta keep my head in the game!

I did, despite all the muttering to myself, manage to get all of the next issue of the make-a-long projects made! Now I just need to, you know, create patterns and write instructions and make PDFs. The easy stuff. ha.

Also checked off my list, the first attempt at bringing drawing to life for my idea for Christmas ornaments this year. I really like how she turned out. She kinda compliments the ornament designs I made for Cutting Edge magazine. Now I just need to make a little choir of them and then see how well my plan will work out. I was hoping to make holiday patterncards this year. Half holiday card/half pattern, perfect for all the diy’ers in your life. Of course if you like robots I have a lot of those left over too, a lot!

19 thoughts on “Friday already?

1. Stacey says:

Hi Hillary,
    Just wanted to *finally* post on your site and let you know what a fan I am of your inventive, super well-made creations. Thanks for sharing your work with all of us—visiting your site is like getting a dose of sunshine each and every day. Kudos!

2. amy . says:

I love her soooooooo much!!
    and all the online issues this week! wow!! I kept meaning to post about them too, but man, that’s a lot of brain power I don’t have right now-
    can’t WAIT to see your clever card idea-way cool.

3. Beth says:

Your ornament is way too sweet… and I checked out the robot, cutie as well! You just have a talent.
    I know you are really busy, but keep your chin up, you will make it through.

4. Sarah says:

I just wanted to say…
    First off, you’re ornament is adorable! Do you make different ornament set each Christmas? Wow! What do you do the next year?
    Secondly, I can’t wait to see your card if you actually do it.
    Lastly, I got my Fall Stitchettes! and my Put-Together pattern. I love your stuff. I think I’m addicted to you and your craftiness. I can’t wait to finally jump in to all the craftiness!

5. Gretchen says:

I LOOOOVE last year’s robot cards … but I can’t find them in the shop! I’m an early card-sender (gah, I’ve turned into one of THOSE people) so I’d like to order some soon. Can you tell me when they’ll be up in the shop? Thanks!
    Oh, and I love the new pattern too … but the robot fits my friends better 🙂

6. Bettsi says:

I love her! Her boots and muff are so cute! (Does she not need rosy little cheeks?) She’d be darling for a pattern card, as would most everything you create! As you know, I loved the robot card and everyone in my family got one!

7. artsymom says:

This is really great! Very simple with just a hit of colour in the little gingham ribbon. How long does it take you to make these? Do you make a whole bunch at once?