Chapter Two

No, don’t worry, not chapter two of my discourse on copyright, but rather chapter two of Make-a-long is up! The patterns aren’t ready yet but you can go take a peek of what’s in store.

The new pages start here.

46 thoughts on “Chapter Two

1. emily says:

“Archie was confident they had this one in the bag”…
    I think they are actually going to stage a heist. Yes, those two are just a little be-sweatered Bonnie & Clyde.

2. Calamity Kim says:

Just as adorable as ever! Very charming and sweet! The cherry on the cake of my day! I can’t wait to get the pattern to make these accessories! I just got some woodland animal fabrics that would make a wonderful sleeping bag for (my grandson Austin’s) Archie! Thank you for creating more craftwhimsicalwhees!!!!

3. Beth says:

Incredible! Love it all. Love Olive’s sweater.. and I have just the felted cabled sweater to cut into to make her this sweater : )
    I cannot wait to make everything.. hmmm, of course I still have to put Olive’s face on and then sew Archie.. been busy with the Halloween costumes…. it was decided this year by my dd that I should dress up too…. I am going for the “Wicked” witch look : )

4. lla says:

I am in love with Professor Paws.
    Also, deeply coveting Archie’s sleeping bag (does it come in “grown-up size”? I bet I’d like camping a lot more than I do if I had such a great sleeping bag!)

5. tulip says:

I am so excited!! I am doing this whole set for my daughter and niece for Christmas and I can’t wait for more!! :)
    Thanks so much for sharing your designs with us Hilary. It really means a lot to those of us who love quality and making beautiful things to be able to DO it!!

6. Veronique says:

At last! No pressure or anything :) but boy have I been waiting for that second installment. And it looks like it was really worth the wait… So cute! Thank you for sharing.
    A small technical question. I now have a Flickr account and I have become a member of the Make-A-Long Flickr group (I think) but I don’t know how to proceed to upload my Olive and Archie pictures into the group thing. Any tips?

7. erin says:

Oh my! You continue to amaze me! My girls are giddy with anticipation – they can’t wait to have it all. Only problem is I still have the Archies to make and then the back packs. I guess this will teach them patience!

8. blair says:

just when your whole copyright discussion was getting interesting, you decided to switch to dolls,geesh!
    Kidding…you need to slow down and give me time to finish what’s on my worktable so I can start on these, I’m so excited about them. I’m thinking the whole kaboodle will be a Christmas gift to my kids, to act out and play with.
    That’ll give me time to finish…I think…

9. KellyS says:

My little girl will be so happy to see the latest installments. Nearly every other day when I’m noodling about on the computer, she asks if there are any new pages in the “big kid playground” story. She is 4, and I think some element of Olive & Archie’s story (namely, the “big kid” requirements) have her a little worried!

10. Darci McGrath says:

I sooo wish I was a seamstress…I know how to sew but not how to SEW. I really enjoy watching the progression of the story…very adventursome.

11. Nicki says:

You are a genius Hillary!
    I still haven’t started O & A (no time), but am desperate to do so. Then you go and pile on even more cuteness….oh why aren’t there more hours in the day?

12. Kathleen says:

You. Are. My. Hero.
    The amount of creativity in so many realms that goes into this is breathtaking. SO many steps and pieces of work. I am deeply impressed. I love having followed your vision on this blog. I hope to actualize this much creative chutzpah (sp?) someday. Congratulations on BEAUTIFUL work!

13. debra says:

Love it, love it, love it! Both my kids beg me to play the doll story daily and were glued to the screen with wide eyes this morning. The pressure is on….

14. Dana says:

I’m so glad I’ve recently found your blog…lovely!! These dolls are so charming! I’m really thinking of getting this pattern now! What is their size when completed? And on a scale of “beginner” to “expert”, where do you think these fall? (I’ve never made softies before.)
    Thank you. Dana

15. Coryn says:

The sleeping bags look gorgeous…looking forward to add them to the collection for O & A.
    Congratulations on the news of your new to be Wee wonderful! Morning sickness is all consuming, so rest up, chill, and take your time on the pattern. We’ll all still be here.