2 boys and 2 girls

Hey look what I made over my Summer vacation.. a cableknit sweater! Aren’t you impressed? hee. If I was one of those cool uber knitters maybe but my version is just embroidered. I think I may have confused some people that the next Stitchettes were going to be all boys. They’re going to be 2 boys and 2 girls. Hope that’s enough boy for you. If not, maybe this gal will ‘cheer’ you up…

And here’s a shot of my vacation treats. Because really, what is a vacation if you can’t rope some loved one (thanks mom!) into driving a hour away to hunt down a quilt shop?

I think I may have hit my limit on new Fall fabric. Maybe it’s yarn time. It’s getting chilly and I’m feeling knittery. Maybe I’ll tackle another sweater for Oscar. Or maybe I’ll just save myself the seaming and get my knit fix reading blogs. Any cool new knitting blogs out there?

29 thoughts on “2 boys and 2 girls

1. Mary-Heather says:

Well, my blog used to be a knitting blog; now it has become a “look how cute this thing I made from Hillary’s pattern” blog. Does that count?
    The cheering Stichette is cuteness beyond words. I love her.

2. Anna says:

I can’t wait for the stichettes!!!!!!
    I too want to start knitting again, I think I need a new hat for Fall. It’s been so long since I’ve done anything crafty.

3. Daphne says:

Well, you know sewing is way faster than knitting (if your sewing area is cleaned up) and that pink fabric on the right in your photo looks fluffy and warm. I’m knitting endlessly but the only cables I’ll do are your stitchettes!

4. molly says:

I’ve moved my knitting from a dusty basket on the table to a portable knitting bag…that has to count for something…knitting IS in the air!
    three cheers for the new stitchette! love her.

5. Jessie Mae says:

My blog will having knitting, once I get more of my knitting stuff unpacked.
    And for now there is painting and sewing! And the cat and the dog!
    Oh, and I’m originally from Oak Park. I’m experiencing my hometown vicariously through you.

6. kathy says:

OK, I don’t knit but I read knitting blogs. I still need to finish my first project (a scarf, in case you couldn’t guess) that I started last winter. I did get the bag out last week. Maybe it will happen. Anyway, I think I read knitting blogs because I want to knit and I love looking at beautiful pictures of knitted things. My latest discovery is Claudine at Knitting Box (http://knitboxing.ong.id.au/) She does such beautiful work and lovely pictures too.

7. Susan says:

Sweaters are time consuming to knit – but what about knitting a funky scarf or a pair of mittens or gloves? They are fun and take less time. You also need less yarn so you could plurge on some really nice expensive yarn that you’ve been eyeing.

8. Claire says:

Any chance of the Original 4 stichettes coming up for sale again? I was too slow and didn’t pick them up and I really really really really wanted them for my little girl’s nursery. :( I’ll be getting the 2 boys and 2 girls, but I really wanted the 4 girls for her room. Let me know! Thanks

9. amisha says:

the new stichette is wonderful! i love the cable detail. i’ve been knitting a simple cabled hoodie from the last knitscene magazine… enough cable to be interesting, but still mindless/relaxing knitting. *can’t wait* for fall!

10. kristin r says:

Well, if you want to save yourself seaming you should just do a top down raglen(or however that is spelled) sweater. They are pretty easy to knit and look really nice and no seams!