shipping news

Thanks everybody for your orders yesterday!! I’m so happy people actually wanted them. Now I can feel justified in spending way too much time dreaming up Fall designs. (and yes, there will be some boys in there) Tim was very skeptical. He didn’t think embroidery patterns had much of an audience. I can’t wait for them all to land in their new homes. I hope y’all like them! I’m still so excited about them. The cards are dreamy. Overnightprints comes through again! (although as I tell anyone who asks what printer I use.. keep in mind they are a crapshoot) I have some cards leftover and I think I’ll make up little sets for the shop as soon as I get these Stitchettes out the door.

I am amazed that things went so smoothly during this sale considering our modem was on the fritz because of the super hot weather. It kept fainting on us. I had a fan pointed at it all day. Of course it did completely putter out right around the time I needed to pull the plug so we had to barge in on my poor exhausted sister and demand her internet.

Everything is an elaborate scheme around here these days. My plan for tonight for taking these Stitchettes to the post office involves 4 different towns and at least 6 different drop off points. For the put-together books I dumped off a huge boxes of mailers all at once at the Oak Park post office. Some of the orders that I sent out that day, almost a month ago, are still in transit! I don’t know what to do about the post office. Perhaps I overwhelmed them? Do they get cranky if there are too many of one thing and shove some under desks to be discovered 30 days later?

One shipping problem that I unearthed yesterday I can’t blame on the post office. If you live in CT, ME, NJ, VT, NH — I think that’s it — and ordered Put-together Books, expect to be hearing from me. Pesky zeros. Word of warning to anyone downloading addresses from Paypal through Excel to Word to print out labels. Watch for your zeros! It drops the first number on any zip code starting with a zero.

Is anyone still reading this boring post about printers and modems? I’ll be off now to write a new, exciting post on embroidery stitches…

19 thoughts on “shipping news

1. sara says:

I got my put-together book really quickly! I ordered it about a week ago and got it over the weekend. (So no shipping problems out here in VA). I’ve cut out some pieces already but ran out of fabric. I’m making a trip to the store tonight so I can finish my first toy tonight. I can’t wait!

2. teresa says:

i think there is a way to tell excell the info needs to remain the same including that zero. you can set the cell properties…
    and i read it! you beat me to the punch, i was being asked to make mr. bun embroidery kits…someday!

3. Donna says:

Golly. I’m feeling lucky I received my book so fast!
    I’m not sure exactly how you’re importing your paypal files into excel, but you might try either preformatting or reformatting the cells to read as numbers. Or is it format to read as text. I’m not sure. Anyway, I know that at work I usually have to do a work around with leading zeros. (Sorry, typing with no coffee.)

4. Mama Urchin says:

Not to bore everyone with computer help but I think excel has a cell format called zip code that you can choose. Just format the cells that way after you import from paypal. Maybe that will help. Can’t wait to get the embroidery patterns.

5. Mary-Heather says:

You can format the columns in Excel to recognize the zeros before you do the mail merge and prin the labels- highlight the zip code cells, and then, on the Format menu, click cells. On the “Numbers” tab, click “Special” and then choose “Zip Code.” The zeros will show, even as the first number.
    Your friendly admin blog reader, Mary-Heather

6. jenn says:

I received my book very quickly as well and I am in NH. we do have 0 in front of our zips though…maybe it only does them to some? what a bother when you are shipping lots of things! I wonder if that is why some ebay sellers insist you type your address in the paypal comments box?

7. Meegan Blue says:

My internet was being completely kooky and unreliable yesterday, so I called my dad at work and he saved the day by ordering The Stitchettes for me pronto. I can’t wait to start stitchin’!

8. Amber says:

Boys! I think there should be bowling and reading boys, for sure. And a cooking boy. There’s nothing better in my life than my cooking husband.
    Man, oh man. I can see a (not-red) Redwork Quilt coming out of these guys. Boys!

9. Laura says:

I cannot wait for my orders to come in the mail. I ordered the Stitchette and Put Together book this week. I hope there will not be any shipping problems as I am in NJ. Thanks for such creative ideas!

10. Sara says:

Yay! I just wanted to let you know that I got my Stitchettes in the mail today! They probably actually came yesterday, but I can only get to the box in the morning before I leave. And conveniently enough, I’m about 10 stitches away from finishing my current embroidery project, so I’m off to the fabric store tonight to get some nice muslin and some border fabrics for a cute quilt! I think I’ll stitch up these squares and wait until you put your “Little Man” stitchums out to make a big one.