start practicing your split stitch!

I hope I’m not the only one feeling embroidery-y this Summer. We’re taking a tiny mini break from work on the
patternbooks to make the embroidery patterns available for sale. Sometime soon (hopefully this week!) Sam, Ruby, Tilly and Anna (Anna Angles) will be up in the shop as a set. Throw your name on the mailing list if you’d like to be notified when. If there is enough interest I’d love to do some new designs in
the Fall. I’m thinking books, leaves, sweaters, etc. sigh…Fall.
Not that I’m already over Summer but I did get a little sun-smacked this morning at the zoo. Sometimes I really want to be the 2 year old standing directly over the gushing water jets instead of the adult watching.

and a p.s. … sorry for the hit and run post on Friday. only had a few moments to post so I think it’s missing a little explanation. that rocking bunny is the next thank you postcard we’re going to be sending out with orders. and no! I did not smock the dress. bunny is wearing thrift, a baby gap girls top as sundress.

35 thoughts on “start practicing your split stitch!

1. Laural says:

I loved the new postcard picture! I am also loving my patternbook, and can’t wait to find some time to try them out. Excited about the embroidery patterns too!

2. Julie says:

Very excited about the embroidery patterns! (And I’m all about the autumn — I’ve never been a summer girl. So I say, bring on the leaves and sweaters!)

3. Blair says:

You mean I could make my very own Anna (my personal hero of all the gals you’ve made)? How fun would that be? What a great idea. I’m loving the idea of embroidery these days, so portable. Like knitting that way, only cooler.

4. Lilli says:

I just put up my new blog banner today, that features embroidery.
    I’m planning to take some embroidery with me on vacation in a few days, too 🙂

5. AmyDe says:

Looks great! I am excited about both the embroidery patterns and book #2. Just got Book #1 on Saturday and my daughter (5) and I will be sewing one tomorrow as part of her homeschool exercises. BTW: How many strands do you use for your split stitch – I have 12 tea towels to embroider with cherries & bluebirds so advice is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    A

6. TftCarrie says:

I actually designed that little thrifted shirt you used for the rockin’ bunny’s dress when I worked for Gap Inc/Old Navy 4 or 5 years ago. It is really fun to see it again and put to such adorable use. I guess I’ll just have to place an order now just so I can get the card! So Cute! 🙂

7. Laura Duet says:

I love those little gals!! I don’t know how to embroider, but I want to learn just because of them…..can a beginner learn to work these patterns????? Any hints on this would be so helpful!

8. Marci says:

That’s great news! I have been embroidering all summer…I guess I’ve caught the bug too! I just recieved your pattern book in the mail and it looks great! I haven’t made anything yet but I will. Selling your embroidery designs is a great idea!

9. Selena says:

I’ve been into embroidery but I think I need to go back to embroidery school. Some of my stitches compare to my 6 year olds. I think I just need to practice more. I’ll blame it on the heat.

10. Hildy says:

yay! an embroidery book so soon!!! I can hardly wait.(not that my work will look anything like yours!) Thanks so much for churning out the goodies for all of us.

11. molly says:

yay for embroidery patterns!! I’ve just started getting into it this summer by doing some of my daughters drawings in embr, but I’d love to try some of your patterns. yay! can’t wait!

12. jackie says:

Hooray! The moment I’ve been waiting for! I LOVE your embroidered kids, and can’t wait to make them. Looking forward to the fall ones too. I got my 1st pattern book and it’s just wonderful – I’ll be starting on those little cuties this week. Thanks for all of your creativity and generosity in sharing it!

13. JoAnn says:

I’m so excited that you’re printing the embroidery patterns They are so cute. I love how you’re able to breathe so much personality into these little people.

14. laeroport says:

Yea! I finished kitty #2 Saturday morning and now have a bunny to start. I have been embroidering all summer and have been toting a crewel project around with me to work on in spare moments. I can’t wait for your kiddie patterns! They are so adorable and fun! And I am sure your fall patterns will be equally wonderful. You amaze me!
    Thanks, Hillary!

15. laura dodson says:

oh so loving my embroider’y summer. ‘cept mine has been split stitch around letters…for little quilted banners and signage. :o) also, the sweetness of your patterns and products just make me smile.

16. Ellen says:

Do you sell the vintage fabric? I love the pattern behind Sam. Would like to know where to get some. Thanks!
    Elle