Ruby Ricochets

All the booklets are safely in the hands of the reliable postal service and I’m back to my usual late night antics. Staying up way past bedtime working on embroideries and such.

** to answer some questions I’ve been getting, I do separate the floss in half and the stitch I’m using is called a split stitch. **

47 thoughts on “Ruby Ricochets

1. Lilli says:

Croquet!
    This conjurs up wonderful childhoold memories. I seem to remember that my brother and I were inept but enthusiastic…..and very concerned about adhering to the rules!
    This is very sweet. What fabulous work you do :)

2. Hildy says:

What a great series of embroidered girls you have made. They are lots of fun. I’m so excited about the mail that’s coming my! I’m looking forward to sewing some stuffies with my daughter. Maybe next step is embroidery!

3. vegasandvenice says:

I love it! When I tried to embroider girls, I felt some need to fill the whole thing in with satin stitch and not only did it take forever but it looked a bit silly too! I love how yours look perfect with the simple outlines! Lovely!

4. lla says:

OK – I’m not allowed to make any more comments here until I go out and get my grubby little paws on a Thesaurus….
    I need to come up with new ways of expressing how fab I think your works are, and how much I love them!
    Once again, v. nicely done!

5. Shelly says:

adorable! I love croquet! I used to love wacking other people’s balls across the lawn while they weren’t looking, or if they were “in the way”. Lovely child wasn’t I?

6. Julia says:

She’s adorable! I love that she’s playing croquet. hat fabulous embroidery skills you have, the stitches are so crisp and the design is great.

7. vvb says:

i found your site recently with your mrs. darcy post which also had an embroidered doll. i love your works and have become quite inspired to try my hand. thanks so much for sharing your wee wonderfuls!

8. jackie says:

She is the cutest thing! I love embroidery and am teaching my daughter. Something adorable like this little girl would be right up her alley – hopefully an embroidery pattern book from you is in the works! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations!

9. Melody says:

They are so beautiful. I’ve just recently realized how enjoyable “freestyle” embroidery can be and I love it. I can’ seem to force myself back to my machine.

10. IamSusie says:

Her shorts! Those giant boots! That is exactly how my daughter looks when she wears her big galoshes!
    Please! I adore these! Publish a booklet with little embroidered children patterns! If I put on more exclamation points will that encourage you?!!!

11. Melanie Feltman says:

Hill,
    Why aren’t you employed at or haven’t been featured on Martha Stewart? I bet she would love you! I looked everywhere on her site for a place to send her the scoop on you, but to no avail.
    I bet you’ve already been through this with someone else. Perhaps it’s not your style. The level of celebrity you’ve reached in the blog world is absolutely amazing. You’re bound for huge…HUGE… success.
    I would just love for you to be featured on some nationally broadcast show; to see you whipping up a wee something right in front of our very eyes!
    I love keeping tabs on you!
    Melanie

12. laeroport says:

How ever do you manage such sweet, perfect little stitches? I am so envious! My embroidery is a mish-mash by comparison! Lovely! Truly scrumptious! And I can’t wait to get my book. You’re the best!

13. tania says:

goodness- you blink around here and miss all the fun!
    well, i guess i did more than blink- stupid moving! i am rushing over to the mailing list sign up now.
    way to go lady, on your sell out book- and i LOVE that shaker print you did! so nice!

14. joyce says:

that is just hands down the sweetest little embroidery i have every seen. it has such a wonderful, old timey feeling. makes me want to go sit out on the veranda and sip lemonade :)

15. Lauren says:

I recieved my pattern today. What a great job you did. It looks fantastic!! I know that tonight I will be staying up super late to make a little critter. I can’t decided which to make first…perhaps the little kitty is calling my name. Thanks so much!

16. Jill says:

Wow – I can’t believe this sweet little pattern book made it all the way to me in Washington State already! I did a little happy dance at the mailbox just now! I can’t wait to make one of these cuties. If it wasn’t so insanely hot, I’d start right now!
    Thanks for all you do,
    Jill

17. Tami says:

I had a very nice surprise today when the mailman came … a nice brown envelope. Yippee!! Such a great printing job on this little booklet. I especially love the little shoes for all three. Thank you! :-) (I’m on the west coast too, in California.)

18. Jamie says:

I am yet another fan in Washington state! Received my booklet yesterday, what a treat amongst the junk mail. Thanks for your hard work on this and every project.

19. Alisa says:

My booklet came yesterday (Monday.) I can’t believe it. Never has anything shipped to me so quickly. Really, it was like magic. I can’t wait to start.

20. mary says:

I recieved my booklet yesterday and have almost finished two little bunnies. Just need to do the handwork. Lovely patterns and very easy. Thank you!

21. susaninfrance says:

Got it too! can’t wait to finish my exam so that i can start making a bunch of these adorable creatures!

22. Charmaine says:

Yipee!!!!!! Bills, junk mail….and TA DA……….my lovely pattern book!!!!!! My daughter and I had a ball last night sewing up things! We have them sewn, but need to stuff and finish them. The booklet is so great because you can just keep flipping pages back and forth and don’t have to worry about fumbling for pattern pages everywhere! A great job….thank you – thank you – thank you!

23. LoriB. says:

I love your embroidery!! Please make a book or tutorial on your embroidered dolls. What stitch do you use and how many strands of floss? I would love to make some of these for my little girl.

24. Katie says:

WOohoo!!! I was thrilled to get my little pattern book in the mail last night! I didn’t expect it so quickly. I had run to my little sewing table to start work on one.
    Thanks for the inspiration!!!