does this look cute?

I wrote this funny little post last night about Oscar’s quirky behaviors. He does all these things that are just not typical 2 1/2 year old stuff. Not like, he’s already learned new math kind of stuff but more like wacky old man stuff. The one that cracks me up the most is he sets up his cars or trains in a scene or crash and then asks me "does this look cute?!". God it’s funny. Obviously the word cute is tossed around here quite a bit. And man I wish I had a sound byte to put up here. When he asks a question he gets louder and louder and his inflection higher and higher so he’s kinda squeak/yelling "does this look cute?!"

anyway.

I chickened out putting up the post because I dreamt up this whole scenario.. flash to 2016 and the general practice of the school bully is to search netarchive for kids who were blogged and then use the details to torment & torture them. "Hey Boxcar, how about this? Does this look cute? Huh, does it." Bam Smack Pow! you get the idea.

So here’s his tough angry face to deter any future attacks.

Angryface
bring it.

44 thoughts on “does this look cute?

1. madmommy says:

Oh, I can just hear him now! His question is so out of context for the scenario I had to laugh out loud. Reminds me of the Art Linkletter show, Kids Say the Darndest Things…

2. Courtney says:

Oscar future photo stylist…my Elliot furrows his brow and lets out a little growl when you ask to see his grumpy face. That ought to scare the bullies away…

3. Emily says:

oh my lord…your oscar posts are a reason to keep on turning the ol’ computer on in the morning. i feel such an affinity for quirky, “oldmannish/ladyish” children…and he is so darn cute himself.
    xoxoxoxox to boxcar

4. Joni-MI says:

Hilarious!!! Kids do say the funniest things and I wish I had an archive of them like you will someday! You won’t be sorry, just change your family’s identity and send him to school under the mommy’s protection program….hehehe! *Ü*

5. Cricket says:

Is he cute or what? Our Oscar is just starting to talk and the funniest thing he says is “car” with a Boston accent, so it sounds like “cah”.
    Always love hearing stories about your little guy!

6. Julia says:

I love it! Nobody messes with the Oscar!
    Heehee.
    I got my put together book today- it’s gorgeous! The layout is great, and the printing totally does it justice!

7. lyn says:

Ha ha, bless him. That is a seriously scary face.
    As a Mum of four children, I have an excellent piece of advice for the future.
    If anybody threatens your child, you surreptitiously pin them against a wall, and tell them if they touch your babe…. you are gonna punch their lights out. With bells on.
    Works for me.

8. Alison says:

Love it! Max would add a claw grip hand to your face as well, just to be extra sure he was getting his message across.
    I love what the kids say and do, and how they interrpret the things adults say around them – priceless.

9. Gabby Kang says:

Oh he’s so cute! I love his mad face – it totally reminds me of my three year old niece, Abby. Right now she’s into Legolas from LOTR, so we tease her that he’s her boyfriend and she gets all mad and says stop teasing me guys.
    But then five minutes later, she’s like, okay, now do it again. Hee!

10. amy k. says:

ha!! that is awesome. and ever funnier you were such a stress ball about posting about it!
    sadie like to say that things make her “feel sick” like “stop singing mama, it makes me feel sick.”
    awesome.

11. Sandra says:

Awwwww… I love that “go ahead, make my day” kind of cute! When my son tried to look all tough when he was that age, we used to call him “pocket Hulk”, ‘cos of an old Saturday Night Live sketch :o)

12. shanna says:

My four year old says, “He’s sad. He has to go find his Wee Owl.”
    She announced she wanted a “Wee Owl” after seeing angry chicken’s sick puppets. Lol! What a little manipulator!

13. lynda says:

Too Cute of a kid! I love stories children tell- Even my baby is almost grown- not fair- I’d love to shrink them all down again- they were so much fun.