ok, it’s got wheels! I was up way too late working on this guy last night. I still didn’t put in enough work to satisfy Oscar. He was at me all morning to finish it up. In that especially charming toddler sort of way… is it done, is it done, is it done, can I play with it, can I play with it… It was actually kinda funny so I got the video camera out. I’m was tempted to put up the desperate pleas but instead here’s a tiny happy bit of the final moment. And of course he was on to something else 2 minutes later!
I started from a little drawing I did of an elephant. Then made up a pattern, crossed my fingers and it worked on the first try. Well sort of, I had to reshape the trunk a bit, still… that NEVER happens. I use a mints tin for the base and quilted some dotted flannel to batting for the cover. The wheels are hot glued (not all that well) to dowels for the axels and then I secured them in place by sewing twill tape over them. I attached an alphabet tape for the pull and she’s ready to go!