on the verge of an organized thought

any day now I’m going to feel organized and together and write a big fat coherent post. well that’s maybe too much to ask. but at very least some capitalization. for today though, a log of my work table…

another embroidered doll in progress. yes, I draw them first. I was just tracing over the drawings through the muslin with my quilting pencil but that was tricky and I ended up just eyeballing most of it. so for this doll I fused the muslin to freezer paper, scanned the drawing and then printed it out (very faintly) onto the muslin. much easier going but a little constricting. now I’m backed into a corner of it being perfect and it’s taking twice as long.

a pile of the pieces for my sister’s baby quilt waiting to be ironed flat…

patternbook instructions and stickers…

I think the main reason my blogging brain is dead is because I’ve been using every bit of reserve energy to conquer Illustrator once again. I’m feeling lucky today. I may actually even open the help file.

27 thoughts on “on the verge of an organized thought

1. lyn says:

Everything you are doing is looking wonderful.
    The embroideries, the stickers , the quilt fabrics are all yummy.
    I don’t even know what illustrator is, so you are miles ahead of me.
    : )

2. Teresa says:

When you fuse the muslin to freezer paper – I assume you put the muslin/freezer paper in your printer as if it’s a sheet of paper?

3. hannah says:

oooh that peek at the pattern book is so tantilizing! i wish i knew how to use illustrator, everytime i open it up i end up staring blankly at the screen for ever. good luck.

4. Meg says:

That quilt is going to be superb, and I am really looking forward to seeing it done. I am always and constantly amazed at what you do with colours. You make it look so easy.

5. amy k. says:

what a great group of goodness you have there! and give illustator hell-
    and so excited to see the pattern books!! (no pressure-well, some pressure, but in a good way-like a back rub)

6. Sam says:

That quilt is going to be great! those colors are so ice-creamy.. like neopolitan 🙂
    freezer paper has so many benefits.. i really need to get some!

7. mo says:

The stickers are so sweet! If you have any illustrator questions, feel free to email me and I may be able to answer them.

8. Cinnamon says:

Hey chica! Don’t forget that while Illustrator isn’t my most-commonly used program, I do know a bit about it and can help you if necessary. Don’t be afraid to drop me a line.

9. julie says:

Beautiful drawings–your work really is such an inspiration. Persevere with the Illustrator–if you can master the pen tool, it’s all downhill from there. Can’t wait to see the final results.

10. patricia says:

I CAN’T WAIT for the Pattern book!!!! Seriously, it is something I think about every day. This tantalizing glimpse (stickers!!! wowzie!) is so exciting. Illustrator is totally alien to me–I’ve never been able to make it work.

11. vegasandvenice says:

Such a fabulous idea! I always draw on the fabric with dissapearing ink and then I have to work really really fast or stop and redraw it. Except that one time that I used a laundry pen thinking that it was called that because it was washable … is it needless to say that it was permanent? Probably not for a super bright and talented girl like yoU!