cross breeding

If I write another post about how busy or how scattered I am these days
I will bore myself to right to death so instead I’ll post a little evidence of my
hurried crafting. How proud was I of my new patterned kitty and her
long floppy tail until Tim pointed out she still has bunny feet. damn.
the feet! so here she is, Kitty with Bunny Feet…

50 thoughts on “cross breeding

1. Mama Urchin says:

Tell Tim he’s got it wrong, dogs and cats have very high (on their leg) ankles. I know because my little puggy broke hers a few years ago. Of course their pads don’t go all the way up to their ankles so he has something there. Regardless, she is super sweet, I love the dress. That style has always been my favorite top/dress for my daughter and the fabric is smashing. The trees bring out the gold of her eyes.

2. Emily says:

Honestly, cats *have* big back feet, don’t they? They just don’t all touch the ground when they walk or something. Really. My Mina has dainty front feet but she’s got honkin’ back paws….

3. marci says:

This is adorable! I love the dress fabric! It reminds me of Maine. I think our family friend from Maine had a couch in that material. Looks better as a dress!

4. Kelli says:

I won’t lie — those do look a bit like bunny feet, but the sheer cuteness of the rest of her totally distracts you from that one itty bitty thing. Plus, I think she’s darn cute as is. I say keep the bunny feet!

5. kate says:

Darling! Love the color scheme.
    I have a question for any of you stuffed toy experts. how do you get your toy to not look all puckered around the seam lines? Mine are very puckery. Is it how tightly/smoothly you stuff them? the tension or length of stitches of the seam? the type of fabric? just plain practice? argh.

6. LLA says:

I might even like her more with bunny feet – I mean, think about that old “Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer” Christmas special – who were your favorite characters from that? The toys from “The Land of MisFit Toys”, right? Just imagine BunnyKitty hanging out with the Charlie in the Box….

7. jenn says:

being a size nine shoe myself I am quite partial to large feet! I think she is perfect! Can’t wait for the book. I am already buying fabric for the future projects…