beta

I love ‘beta’. You can slap the label beta on something and all is forgiven. Did you know flickr is still beta. ok. So the pattern booklet volume 1 is done. sorta. beta. Tim jumped in and saved his sinking wife from the treacheries of Illustrator. Although I did manage to learn a thing or two first. Need a clipping mask? I’m your girl. So now we’re going to do a little testing and then off to the printer it goes!

Happy Mother’s Day weekend everyone! I was going to give myself a mother’s day treat and stop looking at this thing and maybe do some online shopping but I just noticed I screwed something up. erg. I don’t know if I deserve a mother’s day present anyway, after all I’m still Oscar’s Mom BETA

42 thoughts on “beta

1. Melissa says:

You deserve more than a mothers day present, you deserve a vacation:) I can’t wait to order one of the books. You keep all of us out here motivated to keep on doing our own thing. Thanks for the inspiration I hope you have a restful mothers day.

2. Mama Urchin says:

If only we could all be beta-testers. I can’t wait to see the pattern booklet when you’re ready. And as far as Mother’s Day – I’m sure you deserve a parade!

3. Emily says:

hahahahahahaha
    this post really cracked me up, because the idea of beta i find both great and vaguely funny for some reason…especially the notion of mothering in beta. you’re a peach, hillary!
    xo,
    e

4. anne says:

It looks great! (I love the beta thing, too – I’ve had a gmail account for over a year at it’s still “beta” – I bet they just do it to save themselves if they really screw something up.)

5. Heather says:

Clipping masks are great — worth mastering. I’m impressed how many ladies out there know what beta is! Good job gals!

6. molly says:

clipping mask!!?? sounds to me like a facial that removes unwanted hair…
    I am so excited about the pattern book–it seems like just a few weeks ago you were beginning to throw out the idea(tho i’m sure not for you)–and now it’s in BETA! Yippee!
    Happy mother’s day you beta-mom—(if you say it fast it almost sounds like “better mom”)….okay, maybe not.

7. Lori says:

I can’t wait to order a few copies of your book… one for me and gifts for friends. You accomplish so much so quickly! You are truly an inspiration. Enjoy your Mother’s Day!
    Lori
    ps- I always ask for breakfast in bed to start the day off right.

8. susaninfrance says:

being a bit behind on the net-beta-tech stuff I have to content myself with the wonderful pics of the upcoming book, can’t wait!! and what lovely paper or fabric in the background! is that with a gocco?
    happy mother’s day, i know you are doing a great job because he looks so great in all his photos! (is he clothed and fed and happy?, well that is already being a great mom, you know!)

9. Stephanie Cullison says:

You are way too funny Hillary. Beta. All is forgiven. If only all of life was a test version! We would get away with tons of stuff! LOL! I can’t wait for the pattern booklet!!! I’ll be a beta tester for you any day! :o)

10. Hanna says:

So where is the pre-order list to sign? I hope I’m on it so that the book doesn’t sell out one night when I’m sleeping over here! :-)
    I can’t wait! :-)

11. Luckybeans says:

You will post when and where we can buy it, right? And you printed, like, a bazillion copies, so I won’t have to cry myself to sleep as I have no internet connection and I only check once a week and what if I missed the Big Announcement, right? RIGHT? Okay, then. I shall commence with breathing.

12. JoAnn says:

I don’t know anything about Beta, clipping masks or illustrator. Just know you do such great fun, cute, amazing and creative stuff.
    I’m so anxious to see the wonders of your first pattern book.

13. mrspilkington says:

looking forward to the book. i felt very much like a BETA mom yesterday (and most days); I empathize. thanks for the time and effort you put into all of this, and I hope you did treat yourself anyway!

14. martha in mobile says:

I would also love to be on the list to purchase your book, if there is one. I would shed bitter tears all over my Burdette were I to miss it!

15. Cinnamon says:

I’m still willing to look at your native files before you send them off to the printer. I can see if any of your clipping masks create transparencies that enlarge type, etc. Feel free to email files or a link to your files to cinnamon@poise.cc since gmail can handle files better than yahoo.
    Can’t wait to see this Hilary.