amy’s angry chickens

I always feel a little bit tacky blogging about gifts I’m sending out
but I can’t help it…the blog needs fodder. It must be fed! And I think (hope) the recipients
can dig that. This little scene is for this month’s birthday girl, angry chicken Amy. A couple of embroideries glued into little tin frames that I found at a garage sale. As soon as I saw them I knew I had to incorporate them into her present – scallops!

49 thoughts on “amy’s angry chickens

1. MissMeshell says:

Oh wow, these are the most precious, wonderful little treasures. What a lovely gift, I love them…the frames go with them perfectly and the lace is gorgeous! (and the embroidery of course! lol) 🙂
    MissMeshell xx

2. lisa says:

those are so darling. hillary, i am completely behind on our “project” that i was going to send you. it’ll have to wait until after i get back from maine next week…hope that’s okay. so busy, and i presume you are too!
    lisa

3. amy k. says:

um, hi, yes, I just saw this on flikr (I am one step behind as usual) and crap my pants and here it is in all it’s glory.
    thank you so much, these are amazing and I can’t even use exclamation points now, because it can’t sum up how amazing you are and how much I love these. A hand written note is one the way. sniff. sniff. you are the best, a true crafty genius and a dear friend. ox.

4. maryse says:

i always feel like a bit of a dork when i do the same. but it would be a shame though if you didn’t share your work with the rest of us.

5. Amy says:

What a sweet gift! The frames are perfect for the embroidered design you created! Your designs are so great. Someone suggested a coloring book or your drawings, and I second that!

6. Sam says:

That is SO cute.. the embroidery itself is adorable, and then the lace and the little frame.. it’s all put together so nicely! My favorite part is definitely the little chick and the feedsack in the basket.. 😀

7. Andrea says:

What absolutely beautiful embroidery! I’ve admired your blog for some time and I just wanted to say how much I love all of your little projects! Thanks for sharing!

8. Jennifer says:

Look at those pigtails swinging in the breeze! Lovely, as always. (Oh, and I was amused to see on Flickr today that it is officially GAMMA now!!! Ha ha).

9. Mary says:

Here’s a sentence I thought I’d never utter: I want to learn how to embroider! You have inspired me — your embroidery is so darling! Now, since both of my grandmothers are long since moved on to their great reward, where does a gal go to learn such a craft?