the littlest things

I swear. Only I can get hung up on a baby bootie for an entire week. Here are the finished baby presents. I started out trying to make beautiful booties like Catarina’s. After mucking up the 4th or 5th prototype I finally gave up and made felt shoes from a vintage pattern I had. They were fun to sew up but it’s taken me awhile to grow fond of the boxy shape. Very retro though. And huge! These better be big babies girls. The bonnets are from my angry chicken mailorder of course. So cute and easy to make. Ok, now that I’ve got this gift down all upcoming babies better be girls. Got that Rosa?!

37 thoughts on “the littlest things

1. Emily says:

Hillary! It’s going to be hard to not use too many exclamation points here! Those are without a doubt the loveliest baby gifts I’ve ever seen, or could ever imagine. Lucky babies indeed! :)
    !!!!
    xo,
    e
    ps: oooh your telephone gal should find you soon (she flew out the door on tuesday)!

2. Selah says:

I’m not one to use the word precious much but good lord those are absolutely the most perfectly precious baby gifts ever. They belong in a shadow box in the nursery. Wonderful!

3. Jo says:

Such a goreous gift for these lucky babies, not so lucky if any of them are boys, but for the girls….. I would guess they will treasure them for a very long time.

4. Angela says:

So sweet, lucky babies (and their mamas who will be thrilled to receive those as gifts!) I’m hoping that by reading your blog some of your craftiness will rib off on me.

5. Lily says:

Oh I do love those booties! My baby girl had the biggest feet!!! Most of the dainty booties we got as presents never fitted. These would have :)

6. sarah says:

Catarina’s shoes are definitely cute (and modern!) but I actually like yours better. Ah, if only we could all have the pattern! I guess we unlucky ones will just have to try to design something similar, eh? : )

7. Leah says:

Those are so freaking adorable that they actually make me want to have a baby on the off chance someone would make me something so wonderful! Also, I firmly believe that the bonnet is on the verge of a huge comeback.

8. Leah says:

9. Ms Leebee says:

Lucky, lucky babes-to-be.
    I wish I could go back 36yrs and git me a pair of those booties .. then skip the teen years and voila – bootie keepsakes hand-me-downs for my own babes 😉
    Love your work 😉

10. Josette says:

Love everything. May I ask where you got the baby bonnet pattern from? I would like to make one for my granddaughter.