magnolia

The magnolia tree outside our apartment is starting to burst. I love having an early bloomer spring tree right out the window. Here’s my favorite photo of the magnolia, for obvious reasons.

13 thoughts on “magnolia

1. Shell says:

Just beautiful. I love magnolia trees too – there’s a lovely old Cat Steven’s song called ‘Holy Magnolia’ and whenever I see a magnolia tree that song pops into my head. And yes, I understand why you love that second photo – what a cutie!

2. MARYBETH says:

hI,
    iT MAY BE A TAD EARLY FOR MATCHMAKING , BUT I THINK MY GRANDAUGHTER IS A PERFECT MATCH FOR YOUR HANDSOME YOUNG PRINCE. COME ON BY AND SEE HER =)
    i AM A BRAND NEW SEWER AND AM GOING TO GIVE YOUR BUNNY PATTERN A WHIRL WITH A GOOD FRIEND WHO HAS MANY YEARS OF SEWING EXPERIENCE.

3. carol says:

I love magnolias! When in full bloom, they look like perfect sized teacups. Have fun enjoying the Spring blooms! I am so excited! Have you noticed how green the grass has become over the last few days! Yippee.

4. molly says:

what a beautiful magnolia…mine had a few blog appearances today, too…although i see some sweet fruit growing on your tree in the second picture, that is a little different from the magnolias at my house….

5. Lisa says:

Do you know what type of magnolia that is? I didn’t realize there were so many types of magnolias until now. I’d only seen the evergreen Southern magnolia.

6. tristan says:

i was taken back in time by your magnolia tree post. i had one in my front yard growing up. i loved it so much, i actually wrote a story about how a magnolia tree named “maggie” helps a young child survive abuse.
    please take a look.